Chapter 16: Meeting Jin

I woke up the next morning, feeling more refreshed than ever. Even the traces of exhaustion from the other's faces were wiped without a trace now. Seems like the skill lullaby could do wonders...

I looked towards Dokj's plastic shopping bags, now almost out of supplies. Heewon-ssi also followed my gaze and stared at the convenience store bags as if she couldn't believe it.

"Oh my god, it's already sold out?"

"Yes."

"Ha, that's really funny. Everyone was just watching and now..."

"Nope, it isn't just the marginalized group. More than half the food I had was taken by the mainstream group. Of course, they paid the exact amount."

Heewon-ssi looked both conflicted and angry after hearing the story.

"Wait a minute. Then the mainstream group will just monopolize the food again?" She muttered, eyes glowering.

"Something like that."

"What are you thinking? Weren't you going to weaken the power of the mainstream group by promoting transactions among the people?"

"That's correct. That was the intent. I wanted people to move voluntarily."

"Then why did you sell food to the mainstream group? The situation won't change!"

"It has changed. I have obtained coins."

"Huh?" Heewon-ssi looked at me in confusion and I just shrugged my shoulders, now used to Dokja-ssi's strange way of thinking.

"Heewon-ssi, you should know that Dokja-ssi's thought process is weird. I learnt not to question it a few days ago myself." I mumbled before taking a bite of the biscuit I had unwrapped.

"But even then...? Sangah-ssi, can we really trust this man?"

Sangah-ssi flinched as all the attention suddenly turned to her but then she smiled brightly. "I believe in him. Sometimes he might not look like it, but he's a good man at heart."

Shaking her head, Heewon-ssi turned back to the older male. "Dokja-ssi, did you at least leave enough food for yourself?"

"Nope, I sold it."

I grinned, amused as Heewon-ssi's mouth fell wide open, dumbfounded. I shook my head and took a singular biscuit from my bag and force-fed it into Dokja-ssi's mouth, laughing my ass off at his muffled protests.

After a few seconds of Dokja-ssi violently coughing and nearly choking to death by biscuit pieces, he regained his posture, wiping the remaining crumbs from the side of his mouth.

"Aish, Byeol. Whatever will I do with you? Even Lee Gilyoung's more mature than you." He muttered angrily but I could see the twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

"Ah, I should tell you something... everyone, do you still have the food you ate yesterday?" He finally switched back into serious mode and addressed everyone.

"Yes, I have it."

"I have a bit left." Everyone muttered back obediently as if they were kindergarteners following along with the teacher.

"Why? Do you want to buy it back? I will sell it." Heewon-ssi waved the biscuit in a playful manner.

"No, you should eat it now."

"Huh?"

"Eat it all before today. You should do it." Dokja-ssi repeatedly stressed. "Or you will regret it."

"Why...no, wait a minute. Sangah-ssi, what are you doing now? Why are you listening to him?" Poor Heewon-ssi, she looks so confused. To be fair, if I was in her situation, I would be too.