A Messy Confrontation

‟ 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙬𝙖𝙮 / 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙬𝙚𝙙 𝙡𝙖𝙛𝙛𝙮 𝙩𝙖𝙛𝙛𝙮 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩𝙡𝙮 „
temper, crooks & nannies.

【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】★【☆】

The rest of the day passed relatively calmly. You had retrieved a new notebook and a stack of paper, and had been filling said notebook with everything you still remembered, and the papers with your predictions and calculations of what would happen next now that you'd done your best to take Leonard out of the equation.

Five, meanwhile, had grabbed his chalks and was filling the wall of your bedroom with calculations of his own, trying to do his best to work out, in his own way, anything further he needed to do to prevent the apocalypse. He had no doubt that you were onto the right track given the Commission's interference and theft of your papers, but the fact that seemingly the apocalypse had been prevented so quickly left him unsettled. Doing so had involved putting your bed back in your room for the time being, something that made him glad nobody else shared the same floor of the academy as him. Too many questions.

Pogo had located a small speaker for the iPod from somewhere in the academy for you, now using it to play your music aloud for the pair. Five had been critical on occasion of your music taste, though this was an improvement from initially where he had insisted upon working in absolute silence. It had taken a lot of pleading and convincing for a 'trial' of working with music on, and eventually he had accepted it. You weren't entirely sure whether he was simply tuning-out the music or did actually enjoy the sound.

The pair of you had exchanged few words since, except occasionally swapping hypotheses with each other. And this was how the day progressed into the evening and into the night, your music filling the silence between you both.

This was interrupted late into the evening when there was an intense knocking at your door. The pair of you cast a glance at each other. You paused the music and scrambled as quickly as possible to collect the papers and hide as much as you could. Five, meanwhile, approached the door and opened it only enough to see who was there.

"You and Y/n in there?" Viktor asked, his voice slightly faster than usual and an intense expression on his face.

Five glanced over at you. You gave him a thumbs up and shoved the last of your papers into the desk drawer. He opened the door properly, "Yep."

Viktor took a step in, his leg bouncing slightly and his arms crossed over his chest, "What the hell were you guys doing talking to Leonard?" The two of you looked at each other. Five managed to keep a kind of cool neutrality to his expression, but your look of alarm was not as subtle.

"What?" You stumbled out, putting a hand out to lean against the desk slightly. Your mind was racing. You had only just started working out possibilities for the rare scenario in which Leonard didn't take you both seriously. Evidently it wasn't as rare as you'd hoped for.

"Leonard told me you guys came to his work and started threatening him." Viktor explained angrily, "Said that he needed to get out of town and... not see me again, whatever the hell that means."

"I said I didn't want to see him again." Five corrected, "This is really none of your business, Vanya."

"It is my business! Why do you care who I talk to?" His voice was raised now, slightly, harsher and angrier than before.

Five let out a strange sort of irritated half-scoff, "I don't. What I care about is Leonard leaving and never coming back."

"But why?" Viktor burst out, eyes rapidly scanning over Five's face as if desperately searching for answers in his expressions, any slight giveaway for what was going on. Unfortunately for him, Five was well-versed in giving away absolutely nothing.