How Could I be so Stupid?

Pin trudged and grunted through the shrubs separating her and the coastline. Through the leaves, she could see an orange circle and a checkered pattern. She made her way across the path and finally tripped out of the forest.

Coiny was quick to jump to her rescue and got her back on her feet, joking about her clumsiness. "Shut it, coin." She elbowed him in the ribs. "Ow, ow, okay, fine!" He walked her back to the picnic.

"So, as you can see, I did a fantastic job of setting up this quote, unquote 'date' of ours." He cringed. "Never mind, that sounds weird." They both laughed together. He pointed to the basket. "Oh, OH!" Pin gasped. "I for-got we were sup-posed to eat." Coiny shrugged. "Eh, it's fine. NOW, LET'S STUFF OUR FACES WITH PICNIC FOODS!" They cheered.

2 hours pass, mostly talking

Coiny had finally built up the courage to confess to Pin how he felt. After all, this picnic was planned for that reason. But, he was still anxious. Coiny twiddled his thumbs and opened his mouth to speak, but Pin talked first. "So, Coiny, why did you bring us here?" She smiled half-heartedly. Coiny scratched the back of his head. "Oh uh, well, I was just, uh, gonna, mm, tell you that I- you, th- uh," Pin giggled and reached for Coiny's shoulder. "Hey, it's o-kay." At that moment, the world froze for Coiny. She was so beautiful, and he was so.. yikes. How could she ever like him?

"Pin, I.. I really, REEEEALLY LOVE YOU. I love you so much it hurts. Please, I know I'm so stupid and clueless for saying this, but, please, will you give me a chance?"

Pin paused.

".." Her mouth gaped wide open. "I'm.. I'm sorry, Coiny." Coiny felt his heart shatter into a quadrillion pieces. He held back tears with all he had. "Oh, uh.. that's fine." He sniffed. "I'll, uh.. just, go now." As he sat up, the tears he tried so hard to resist all flooded out of his eyes and poured all over him. "Coiny, wait-" She begged. Coiny was already gone.