Chapter 2

The remains of the three victims were transported to the medical examiner. Medical Examiner Jimin and his assistant J-Hope examined what was left of the bodies. Detective Namjoon and I walked in to see what else we could learn about the victims.

Jimin: Good morning detectives. (Bowing to Detective Namjoon and Taehyung. Detectives returning the bow)

Namjoon: Hi Jimin, this is my new partner, Detective Kim Taehyung.

Jimin: Nice to meet you, Detective Kim Taehyung. Come this way, my assistant, and I will fill you in on what we discovered. (The detectives followed Jimin to the examiner's room to review the remains and meet J-Hope).

J-Hope: Good morning. (Bowing to the three).

Jimin: Good morning, J-Hope. This is Detective Kim Taehyung, Namjoon's new partner.

J-Hope: Nice to meet you.

Jimin: As you can see here the female victim is 35 years old. There was no sign of sexual trauma so we can rule out sexual assault. The method the perpetrator used to cut the head in half by using a clever as well as the breast, but the interesting part was that the perp used a chainsaw to cut her in half to remove her intestines. Her legs were smashed with what appears to be markings of a sledgehammer.

Taehyung: Oh my God.

Jimin: Indeed. She was alive when the right breast was removed, but she also had a lethal amount of cocaine and heroin in her stomach. These bags were what we pulled out and they have a special logo on them that was luckily not destroyed by stomach acid. The logo is black and blue MM. Her time of death was before the male at least an hour.

Namjoon: She did not deserve this. (Jimin handing the bag of drugs to Namjoon). MM logo? I wonder what this could mean. What about the male victim?

Jimin: The male victim was 16 of age and was tortured before the removal of the hands. He was beaten repeatedly in the face with a blunt object. His manhood as you know was removed and judging by the marks it was a cleaver that did the job as well as the hands and knees.

Taehyung: The brutality of this case is sickening.

Jimin: (Takes a deep breathe). And like our female victim there were bags of cocaine and heroin in the stomach with the same logo.

Namjoon: Why on Earth would someone be carrying these drugs in their bodies?

Jimin: I cannot answer that question, but there were no drugs in their blood.

Taehyung: That is unusual.

Namjoon: What are you thinking?

Taehyung: Something is off about this. Usually, drugs are swallowed to be transported. I have a theory, but what about the little boy. What did you find?

J-Hope: Ah, yes, the little boy. This is terrible that he went through this. He was 6 years of age based on the measurements of the one leg that we have. Half the brain was removed as well as half the heart, lung, hand, and the other leg. The other parts of the body were not present. The blood sample, we gathered from the leg showed no signs of drugs in the system. However, all three victims are related. They were mother and sons.

Namjoon and Taehyung: What?!?

J-Hope: Yes, this was a family.

Namjoon: Oh my God. (Deep sighing) What else did you find?

J-Hope: With the missing pieces of the boy, we cannot do a complete autopsy of the manner of death. However, the boy had a metal plate in his leg and here are the serial numbers, but the information is of no use.

Taehyung: Why is the information useless?

J-Hope: I ran the numbers to find the name of the victim. I couldn't find the name. There is no record of the metal plate being used surgically for this boy.

Namjoon: How is that even possible?

Jimin: The surgery had to be conducted in a place that no one would know. Most likely a black-market thing.

Namjoon: Taehyung. (Nodding yes). What theory do you have now since we heard the information about the boy?

Taehyung: A gut feeling. I feel the little boy is the main message, but I am not sure why yet. What about time of death?

Jimin: Since we don't have all the parts of the young boy, we cannot determine his time of death, but these two died 48 hours ago.

Taehyung: Thank you very much.

We left the examiner's office and headed back to the station to inform Captain Min Yoongi what we had learned. Captain Min Yoongi looked frustrated after we walked in. He hung up the phone and informed us that the Commissioner called and that this case was top priority. We informed Captain Min Yoongi of what we learned from the examiner's office and his phone rang. After he hung up, he told us that the forensic team found a woman's purse and to head out there. We went back to the scene and discovered the victim's name was Amber Li and we headed over to her address.

When we arrived at her home, there was no forced entry, and we were able to find a photo with all three victims vacationing in Hawaii. The 16-year-old boy was Hayden Li, and the 6-year-old was Jon Li.