Sudden Changes

Chronicle of Recent, Ar. 900yr | Age • 11

I had awoken up from a nightmare, I'd hear noises assume I would be at a hospital, given New York had recently been attacked by crazy train suicidal maniacs, I had got caught in the crossfire. The lights were dim and I could feel my headache in the back pulsing as it didn't help my pain. My head span crazy as the vision around me spinning that I decided to simply close my eyes as to at least recover.

Months later, as I arose struggling to move forward and align my back to the many pillows around me. A nurse would stumble over her baskets from her chair as she appeared shocked. Alarming the castle walls as she ran shouting, "Young master is awake!"

I knew things around me yet, no matter how I saw it all. It wasn't 'home.' I was scared, the thought of being in this place that made it easily clear to me that I was reincarnated. It was like being on an advanced theater stage, you knew the cast wasn't your actual parents, and the lyrical tones, as well as setting all was real yet not true.

I could recall significantly and precisely what had happened here and over there (past life), however I couldn't recall myself as whether I was male or female, physical appearance, parents, friends, but only the places and surroundings of my environmental experiences. I knew English, and now I knew Duish. Math, science, history, literature, arts, music, games, culture, and even sex education. Alongside now, the knowledge of this world as much as I had known about it. I was 11yrs old now and previously I was 21, my old appearance was a blurry mess of color gray but my uniforms and likeness of what I had were clear.

This was what true rebirth was, I was reincarnated with the extent to overtake the dead body of this child. I knew he'd died as I could remember just the same eventful experience of the blackness that transpired between us. If possible, had we switched lives from two different dimensions. This whirling of information as I sat there nonchalantly as people rushed in to see me.

I knew each and everyone one of them, yet they were strangers to me. My emotional connection to them was not as expected, I felt sympathy the most, as I knew they knew me but, I likewise knew them from the outside looking in. I'd see the old crazy old man who seemed to terrify Eitusia. That's right, that was my name, Eitusia. His whole name was longer, as nobles seemed to have at least 4 names up to 8! Eight names was a distinction of sovereignty from the regular nobles. Commoners had 1 to three names as max, meanwhile I had 6 names.

Given from what the kid new, our standing was pretty much unchanged, but now was deemed to be lower. Meaning, some time in the future, our standing names would be reduced as a from of social status.

"Honey! How do you feel?" My mother would rush to brace me as she held my forehead and checked my chest. "I'm good."

I'd reply simple as I didn't want to scare anyone of the changes. The old creepy man with a staff would come closer as he seems to be quizzing of my nature. He could squint his one eye and stare at me. "My lord, what is the year?"

He was testing to see if I was normal! My parents and everyone clasped their arms or hands, others worryingly raising their eye brows. Of the 14 people inside my massive room, it appeared only 12 were wearing their emotions.

"The year of 900Ar, month of Tenithober. I think?" The worried expressions would ease as everyone begun to approach me. However, the old man would smile, rising his hand to stop everyone else from coming near. "Tsk. Tsk. Good, good, you seem well young master, what is my name, I do apologize for asking too many questions. We are simply checking to see if you're not impaired."

'LIES! He was checking to see if whatever magical powers he had done haven't changed me. Wait! Magic! This world has magic, this old man is a mage.' As I appeared surprised and only nodding as they thought I was agreeing with them. It was simply my reaction to understanding the changes and noticing how both sides of the rebirth had blended together within me. I hadn't noticed how my mind could now be at ease of what was and wasn't.

"I don't know. I don't remember." After throughly searching my body's thoughts on this old man, I'd only see he was called 'Crazy Old fool'. I however didn't want to say that. Leaving the impression on everyone to stagger a bit back while my mother kept on sitting besides me. She'd smile as I'd smile back at her, "I-I see, young master, if you'll excuse us."

With that, the mass audience would leave, but my mother and a nurse would stay back. "Mother?"

"Yes hon." Said say with kind words as she brushed my hair laying be back down to rest. "I-l-.."

"It's okay. All that matters is your safe and sound. Don't worry, my dear giggle-berry." That nickname, even for me it was embarrassingly cute that I turned red as she laughed, before kissing me on the head. Telling the nurse to keep an eye on me as she was about to go out the massive door. "Mother, I didn't want to say 'crazy old man' as his a mage that saved me, right?"

Hearing me say that. She'd pause for a second as she looked at me with shock and quickly composing herself to smile before nodding. Walking out the door, I'd hear him laugh as the nurse looked at me confused. She'd smile momentary before saying, "...we didn't think you knew he was mage, young lord. You were always afraid of him."

Realizing that now, I'd see that my body's owner was a kid that didn't know how mages looked and that old man was simply weird and crazy. The memories of that old man were not all in good light to the original owner, but now to me, I could analyze them and see through lenses of my other life to piece together what was and is instantly.

"Am I...normal?" I'd ask her, she'd put her hand on her cheek as she thought for a moment. "You've changed, much too suddenly. I think it has to do with the nature of the accident. You passed the craz-ahem- old mage's test. So you're definitely normal my lord."

"Thank you." With that I'd rest my eyes as I did in fact feel tired. I was still feeling hazy from whatever happened, glimpses of the event was much far away from me. Probing it, wasn't helping as it didn't seem to come to me. 'How did I die, here?'

[Day 1]