Introduction

Narrator POV

A grey, impenetrable wall of fog. From somewhere comes the sweet voice like the voice of nymphs, a Princess around twenty, there is no beauty in her land after her beauty.

Her turquoise silk dress matches the whiteness of her skin. Her silky, silver hair fell to her shoulders and flew as the wind gently blew her face

Her beautiful eyes which are dark blue irises with a hazel ring around her pupils fall into the sea watching the waves.

Standing at the beach behind her the great Castel she owns, She sings slow tempo, almost under her breath:

"Yo, ho, yo, ho, a pirate's life for me. Yo, ho, yo, ho, it's a pirate's life for me" gazing at the sea, still singing "... drink up me hearties, yo, ho"

A handmaiden approaches Dana and clutches her shoulder, startling her "Quiet, my princess! Forgive my rudeness but Cursed pirates sail these waters. You want to call 'em down on us?"

Dana chuckles "Do you believe these things? It's just old stories"

"Bad luck to sing about pirates, with us mired in this unnatural fog, mark my words."

Dana smirks "I think it would be rather exciting to meet a pirate."

"Think again, Princess. Vile and dissolute creatures, the lot of them. I intend to see to it that any man who sails under a pirate flag, or wears a pirate brand, gets what he deserves a short drop and a sudden stop."

Dana doesn't know what a 'short drop and a sudden stop'

"Means a man being hung."

"I see murder for his crimes. Actually, I find it all fascinating" to herself "I still think it would be exciting to meet a pirate ..."

The fog still hems, a very little of the sea is visible. They hear screech and Dana smiles to herself looking at her dragon ring.

° The Smith °

Dana POV

I snap my eyes open, startled wide with fear. But this is no longer twenty-year-old me, I'm twenty-eight years old lying in bed in the dark.

I remain motionless (were the images I just saw a nightmare of the past)

I slowly look as far out the corner of my eyes as possible without moving. Might there be someone in the hut with me, looming over me?

I turn ready for anything. I'm all alone. I sit up turning up the flame on an oil lamp beside the small wooden bed.

I carry the lamp across the hut to make sure nobody is here.

The hut, is a small or humble dwelling of simple construction, especially one made of natural materials, such as wood, logs or grass.

I sit down at the table looking at my ring dragon ring, the only thing left of me from my homeland. I've kept it all this time.

A booming knock on the door; I jumped up, startled, knocking over the chair

A booming knock on the door; I jumped up, startled, knocking over the chair. "Dana? Is everything all right? I heard you gasping"

I take my robe-wearing it "Yes, yes." I open the door to let Will in.

Will dressed in rough clothing, stands in the foyer, looking very out of place, and knowing it. He holds a long presentation case. He polishes the toes of his boots on the back of his calves, but it doesn't help.

Handsome, with a watchful demeanour that gives him a weight beyond his years.

I look outside it is dawn.

Will takes a seat "I was worried about you"

"I am fine, just fine"

I open the curtains as the sun rises, Beneath a blue sky lies the bucolic town of Port Royal, built on a natural harbour. On a bluff at the mouth of the harbour stands Fort Charles, its stone parapets lined with cannons.

Will smiles "It's a beautiful day"

I turn and give him a wry smile "Will you see Elizabeth Swann today?"

Will nods "Yes"

"Good luck, do not be late, I do not want to be with this drunk man"

"He always sleeps"

I give him a look "Exactly"

Will chuckles, I take care of Will since he came to work with me as a blacksmith seven years ago, he is like a young brother. I search for my cloak.

"What are you doing?"

"I search for my cloak for the ceremony"

"Ceremony?"

"Captain Norrington's promotion ceremony."

"Then you will sneak?"

I grin "Of course"