00

WELCOME !

in which, two academic rivals who have been competing against one another for ten years now have to face their new, developing feelings for one another...

(  karasu tabito x f!reader  )

NOTES !

so, after realising that there's only 2 karasu fics here, i've decided to write my own fic for him as his official ceo and defense attorney TM—i'm staying true to both my bio and username :):)

i wrote this in honour of him finally returning to the manga (ch 230-something, i believe) so please! enjoy!

— INTRO ...

As far as [Name] Otoya could remember, her relationship with Karasu Tabito had been something like this:

Both [Name] and Karasu were known in their school as the top students, both fiercely competitive and determined to outshine each other in every academic endeavour.

They were in chemistry class and their experiment involved mixing volatile chemicals to create a reaction. As they meticulously measured and poured, tension filled the air: Karasu's long fingers moved with precision, and [Name]'s nimble hands were equally deft. Each wanted to be the first to complete the task, to prove their superiority.

A hushed silence enveloped them until Karasu broke it with a sly comment. 'You know, [Name], it's not as easy as ya might think.'

[Name]'s jaw clenched. She hated how he always seemed to get under her skin. 'I know what I'm doing, Karasu. You don't need to tell me.'

Karasu smirked, a glint of mischief in his eyes. 'Just making sure, [Name]. After all, second place suits ya well.'

That was it. [Name]'s patience snapped like a brittle twig. She gripped the glass flask in her hand, her knuckles turning white. Her voice trembled with rage. 'You think you're so clever, don't you? Always one step ahead.'

Without another word, [Name] hurled the glass flask against the lab wall with all her might. It shattered into a thousand pieces, the sound echoing through the room. The mixture inside splattered across the floor, forming an abstract and colourful pattern--she had just wasted a perfect vial of Methyl Orange.

Karasu blinked in surprise, momentarily taken aback by [Name]'s outburst. Then, a slow smile crept across his face--his usual smirk, to be more specific. 'Well, looks like someone's finally showing some spirit.'

[Name] glared at him, her chest heaving with anger and embarrassment. 'I can't stand you, Karasu Tabito.'

Karasu chuckled softly, reaching for a fresh flask to restart the experiment. 'Likewise, [Name]. But I have to admit, yer not boring.'

At his remark, she merely rolled her eyes and scoffed which earned her a sarcastic chuckle from the man.

Or, it was like this:

The mid-term exam results had just been posted on the bulletin board at their High School. As the students gathered around to check their scores, Karasu and [Name] rushed towards the board to see who had gained more marks.

Karasu approached the bulletin board and his jaw tightened as he saw the number: 85.

'85?!' Karasu muttered to himself, clearly disappointed.

Just then, [Name] stepped up beside him, a smug grin on their face. 'Karasu, looks like you couldn't keep up with me this time,' she teased, their finger pointing at the 98 next to her name.

Karasu clenched his fists, his competitive spirit getting the best of him. 'Don't get too cocky, [Name]. It's just one test.'

[Name] chuckled, 'oh, come on, Karasu. This is the third time in a row. Maybe you should consider studying a more and chasing girls with my idiot brother less.'

Karasu's eyes flared with anger. 'I don't chase girls, that's just yer brother...' he paused, 'I'll score better next time and I'll get more than ya.'

She tried to stifle her laughter. 'Oh sure you will,' she said sarcastically as she walked away from him.

'What do ya mean by that?!'

So yes, it was safe to say that Karasu and [Name] did not like each other. But, as their school life comes to an end, it leads to some unusual bonding between the two...

— CONTINUE ... ?