05

'Are you an idiot?' Amber sighed as she stared at [Name]'s phone screen in disbelief. The phone was opened up to her and Michael's last conversation.

'I couldn't help myself—'

'Oh my god, what do you mean? It's easy to hard block someone on twitter of all apps,' she stated.

'Yes but— but he's Michael Kaiser!'

'Blonde twink, seen lots of those...' she trailed off, 'are you gonna delete that text or block him?'

'Neither. I miss him—'

'Can you both keep it down?' came Eita's voice from the living room couch. Apparently, him and Tabito were in the Karasu household, watching One Piece while Name and Amber were conversing on the dining table. 'We're trying to watch One Piece right now and Luffy just activated gear 5–'

'This is a life and death situation, Eita, Luffy can wait,' said Amber.

'Who did Name harass on twitter this time?' asked Tabito—though she couldn't see him, she was well aware that he was smirking.

'No one—' Name tried to say but was cut off by her closest friend: 'that blonde twink ex of hers.'

'German or the British one?'

'German.'

'This is serious...' mumbled Tabito then all sound stopped from the living room.

'Tabito, I'm going to kill y—!'

Then, Tabito walked to where the two girls were. 'What did he say?'

'He's been spamming her twitter DMs since the breakup and she just responded with "hi",' explained Amber while Name remained silent.

'Did he respond yet?'

'No, I think it's still night time in Germany so...'

'—so that makes our job easier!' he exclaimed suddenly, 'can I see his texts?'

Reluctantly, Name handed her phone over to Tabito, who instantly started tapping and scrolling across her phone screen. Due to his stupid height, neither of the girls could see what he was doing on her phone.

It was silent as Amber observed Tabito work on her phone while Name didn't dare to do anything else or even speak anything since she was so embarrassed at herself for texting her toxic ex back. After a while, Tabito handed Name her phone back and when he did so, Name noticed that he seemed to appear slightly happier than before.

'There ya go, Name, now that twink won't be bothering ya.'

'What did you do-?' sighed Name.

'Nothing much, just deleted all of your conversations, again and blocked him for you, again,' he smugly replied.

'This is why you're my favourite cousin,' mumbled Amber.

As she heard Tabito's words, she frantically opened her messages app and her twitter app to see if there were any traces of Michael left in them. Luckily for her, there weren't any.

She sighed, 'why did you do that?'

'Because I know how unstable you get when yer around him,' he states, 'c'mon, Name, he was toxic as hell. Do ya remember how I picked you up after he dumped you at that restaurant?'

The memory of her sobbing in Tabito's car after he dumped her flooded into her brain. It had been 2 years since that happened and now, she looked at that memory and cringed.

It's funny how just one person managed to warp her perceptions of love. Before meeting Michael, her life was simple, easy. She never lacked any suitors or crushes, she had a stable friend group and was well liked. But, after giving her all in her relationship with a famous football player, she lost. She lost a lot--including the one who made her do all the sacrifices.

She opened her mouth to defend him but she just... couldn't.

That sentence that escaped from Tabito's mouth really made her reminisce about her past relationship and how it wasn't all butterflies and rainbows. It's funny how the brain manages to misinterpret horrible situations and romanticize them instead when the person feels lonely.

She really couldn't defend the German.

'I guess... no,' she spoke at last, 'yeah you both are right. He wasn't that great...'

'Great? He was horrible and self-centered,' added Amber.

'Not only that but he was weirdly obsessed with his career...'

For Name, she lived in a household which admired football. Her brother and her rival were both excellent players of the sport. Her friends also used to watch matches of the sport and even attend football matches. But even so, she hadn't ever met anyone as obsessed with football like Kaiser.

Everything he ever did and do was to elevate his career and he basically tossed off everything else that didn't benefit him, his career or his public image and Name just happened to be one of them.

Upon hearing that sentence, another round of cringe memories flooded her brain... from the blonde ignoring her calls since he decided to practice more or him cancelling scheduled dates for the sole reason of taking extra interviews. It was a frequent thing in their relationship for Kaiser to blow her off completely and for her to compromise for him.

Maybe she was glad she dumped him and cut him off completely last year.

After 3 whole years of an on-and-off relationship with him, she was grateful that she cut him off. It's funny how she forgot all of that.

'Yeah, thanks for that,' Name mumbles out.

Her two friends are quick to pick up on the fact that her mood suddenly dropped.

'Oh come on, this is for the best besides there are lots of guys that'll treat you better than how he treated you,' says Amber.

'I hope so,' she grumbled.

do we bring kaiser #back or let him stay #blocked