Chapter five: Trouble

Crap. Did I just say that out loud?

"Nothing, Terry." I said.

"No, you just said screw you Terry." said Terry.

"Oh, congratulations, youve passed the hearing test for the year. A plus!" I tell him with a smile.

Nothing to see at the moment, just me digging my own grave.

"Are you mocking me?"

"Noooo, why would I ever mock the great Terry, son of Hermes, oh mighty lord." I say, stretching every couple words.

Terry suddenly stood right up, slamming the table. I flinch at the sudden noise, but recover quickly. I stare right at him, a smile still on my face.

"You're just an unwanted freak who the gods didnt even bother claiming." he sneers.

I just smile, Ive heard stuff like that so many times, that it doesnt bother me.

"Jeeze, I could do a better job at roasting myself than youd ever manage. Or are you sparing me cuz Im not worth your game?" I ask, going back to my food.

I'm sure everyone heard the drama because someone from far away chokes on a laugh.

"You-" Terry starts before tipping my food. I froze, my fork in my hand, which had been on its way to pick up my spaghetti. I continue to look at the crime, anger boiling through my blood. Its silence before Chiron, the half horse dude, comes over.

"Terry, you-" he starts before I jerk my head up.

"Listen to me Terry, I can forgive you for treating me like shit, calling me useless, trying to insult me, or even punching me, but I will not forgive you for the crime you have committed to my oil spaghetti and fries. I have starved for over a fucking day, you hear me, over a fucking day. That plate was my only happiness in this dark, dark life of mine, and you, you just flipped it over like it was nothing." I spit my words, poking him every once in a while.

"What are you going to do? Fight me? Id like to see you try." Terry says like a snob.

"I do in fact, have a dagger on me." I say, reaching for it.

"Excuse me, Ms Lexi, but please refrain from committing murder on camp grounds as much as you can." Chiron said, next to Terry with wide eyes Terry.

I let go of the dagger, which I had not intended to use for murder, obviously, and took a deep breath.

"Hear my out Terry, you wonder why you game didnt work, honey, its not cuz I wasnt worth it, its cause no one wants you either way, not your mom, not your dad, and definitely not anyone else except yourself, Honeslally, do you think you even want yourself? I wouldnt. I mean, have you ever had a girlfriend? Or a friend that didnt leave you for another as soon as they found someone else? And dont think its them not you, because it is you. Youll always be a second choice Terry, for everyone. Scratch that, you wouldnt even be in the list of choices because anyone would rather choose an earthworm over you."

I had just blabbered on random shit, but I guess it hit hard on Terry because he suddenly swung his fists at me.

Pain erupted in my left cheek. I heard some gasps and murmurs as I stood there, staring at Terry.

"Guess I hit a nerve, what a pathetic life." I murmured.

He went for another swing but I caught his arm and used the only reasonable attack I had.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸time skip🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

I held an ice pack to my throbbing face as an Apollo kid disinfected Terrys arm.

"Oww" Terry hissed.

"Oh no, sir, youve got to stop, the amazing Terry is in deep deep pain." I say as I walk over to them.

I can see the hatred in Terrys eyes. Had preferred it full of shock when I had bit him, but oh well. Someone grabbed my wrist and dragged me back to my bed in the infirmary, far away from Terrys. The someone in question was a tall, quite handsome, blonde boy, who seemed about 16 as well. He takes the ice pack off and examines my jaw.

"Can you move it?" he asked.

I opened and closed my mouth, slightly wincing.

"Yeah," I said, "but it aches."

"Well, you did kind of get punched in the face." he answered, getting out a brown cube.

"I guess."

He handed me the brown cube, motioning me to eat it. I shove it up my mouth, expecting it to taste like crap, but was greeted with the taste of doritos.

"Dwap twaphes wewe goo" I say and the blonde looks at me confused.

I gulp the cube down before repeating,

"That tastes really good, what is it?"

"Ambrosia, its a demigod medicine, eat more than a cube at once and youll turn into dust."

I nod as that aching stops.

"Are you a doctor?" I ask him.

"Im the head of the Apollo cabin and also the main doctor in the camp, not qualified, but blessed." he said.

"Cool, whats your name?" I asked, getting tired of sitting on the bed.

"Will Solace. You're Lexi, right?"

"Mhm, hey so can I leave now?"

"Uh, sure, but if you feel dizzy at all, come right back. "

As soon as I got permission to get out, I jumped off the bed, into my cabin. All the kids inside stared at me as I got up to my bunk. Was it because I bit Terry? I settled in the bed, too sleepy to actually care.

🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝the next day🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝

I got up to see that everyone was sleeping. I guess I woke up to my head throbbing. Im not sure if it was from yesterdays incident or if it was just a headache, but he told me to come right away if I felt dizzy. I climbed down the stairs with difficulty, my head throbbing more and more as I wobbled out the cabin, trying to be silent.

The ache in my head was for some reason a different pain than I had ever experienced. It wasnt a normal headache, it didn't sting, it didnt burn, it didnt ache like my cheek yesterday. It felt like it was from deep inside my head, its hard to explain, really.

It took me a couple minutes to locate where the infirmary was, being new and all, but I managed. As I got in front of the building, I paused.

Was anyone going to be in there?

I just decided to go in, my head killing me. I carefully opened the door to see no one. I walked a bit more and turned a corner to another room.

"Oh my- oh shit! I exclaimed."

1135 words! And what do you think she saw that made her react like that?