34.

"If it were up to me we would've been on the first flight back to L.A the other night," Tec spewed out to Emil as they occupied the seats of her dining table "I shouldn't have came here..."

"So you're just gonna allow your mama to get on your nerves, is that it?"

Tec shrugged carelessly at the question, "Ain't just her granny, Yana been aggravating me as well as throwin' jabs at Mulan— nobody got time for this stuff,"

Emil cut into her freshly baked peach cobbler, serving Tec another hearty slice since he had devoured the first piece; He thanked her as she nodded in response, she always spoiled him with sweets whenever he was upset, some things just never changed even as he had matured from an adolescent boy, to a grown man

"I honestly don't think Celeste meant any harm by what she said Lu Bug, 'cause if you wanna be technical... you did insert yourself into the equation that landed your lil' behind in jail, you were innocent before tampering with the murder weapon,"

He huffed at the comment, and kept his mouth full with cobbler in order to not get smart as she continued, "Right is right, and we know you were only lookin' out for Waylon but that wasn't your battle to fight nor save him from; He was going down whether you had done something or not baby, the law is the law and you know you weren't supposed to aid him which is why you were charged with accessory,"

"... okay," he simply replied refusing to accept that as a means to excuse Sabine's part in it still "I'm done speakin' on it for real— it's dead to me 'cause it's in the past and I done overcame that situation,"

"Listen hear," she gently grabbed his face while staring into his darkened eyes, he held a cold and bitter expression, his resentment lingered on "Sabine's actions did lead up to what happened and I get that you're angry with her, you have a right to be, but eventually you gotta forgive her through God and for yourself, nobody is saying to make amends face to face— there's a such thing as forgiving and loving family from a distance, whenever you're ready,"

Tec had heard his grandmother just like he had heard his mother, but ultimately the decision was his to make; After finishing up his dessert and cleaning the dish, he decided to depart from Emil for the time being in order to check back in with Mulan,

She had taken some time to rest at the hotel due to staying up way later than usual, and because the hot weather drained her physically, "Beautiful?" he said now hovering over her as she lie on the bed

"I'm sorry if I'm being lazy right now," she said softly with her eyes closed, while cuddling a pillow "How's Mama Em doing this afternoon?"

"She's fine," he kicked his shoes off climbing in the bed behind her, his arms secured her petite frame bringing their bodies closer together "Trying to stuff me with peach cobbler and shit,"

Mulan then turned to face him as a small frown formed onto her face, "And you didn't think to bring me any? How could you?"

"At least I'm taking you to get beignets as requested," he chuckled while reminiscing on their conversation they had prior to landing, she was dead set on trying out beignets before she stepped foot off of Louisiana soil— a part of her also wanted them because she was obsessed with The Princess and the Frog, "You gonna love them fasho, they so fire..."

"I can't wait," she beamed and clapped her hands together with excitement

"Gotta put you on that king cake too, that bitch pressure as well— love it,"

She smiled up at him as he placed a gentle kiss against her forehead, and trailed down to her nose then lips; Deepening the kiss passionately, Tec slid his tongue into her mouth as she moaned pulling him closer, biting and tugging at his plump bottom lip