002// Back at Winterfell

This sucks but people wanted an update so here this is!

_____________

A GAME OF ICE AND FIRE
002
Back at winterfell

281 AC, 1 week after the Assault on Dragonstone

Catelyn stood outside in the cold icy lands of Winterfell. It was a hell of a lot different than Riverrun but for some reason Catleyn liked it.

Well she liked it the first few nights when her husband's warm sleeping body warmed her up during the cold winter nights. She didn't like the cold bed mixed with the cold winds blowing through.

Though she did have Robb. 3 weeks old. She barley let the wet nurses touch him. The babe was perfect.

He was every inch a Tully. The little hair on his hairh had a tint of Red to it. The facial features of a Tully. Though their were northern things that shoned trough.

The eyes being the biggest. Ned's eyes. The North's eyes.

The babe was wrapped in a tight swaddle in her arms as she saw the horses approaching.

She hadn't heard a lot about hte rebellion she refused to really talk to the people there. Though she had heard Robert Barthian had took the throne.

She didn't know much about Robert. He was Ned's friend of course (her son's name). Though as a ruler?

She saw her husband's face serious as ever on his horse. Though the hard face of the North relaxed slightly as it layed eyes on her and the babe.

"My lord." She said as he unmounted.

"My lady." He said kissing her hand as the Babe's head.

They walked side by side back in the castle away from the eyes of onlookers.

In the bed chambers, Catelynn saw the way Ned looked at the babe. More emotion than Catelyn had seen on a man's face. Though then agian she grew up around Edward Tully who considered men having emotions bad. To him emotions were for women.

That's why Edward wanted his daughter marry a northerner. The northerns were considered rocks. No emotions. Just like the gods on their trees themselves. Thoguh now Catelyn sees why they are afraid of showing anything to the public. Because when they do feel something it shows on their entire faces.

"The babe's name?" Eddard asks.

"Robb." Catelyn speaks softly sitting beisde her newly wed husband.

"Robb." Ned repeated testing the name on his tounge.

"Robbert Eddard Stark." Catleyn said.

"There is something you should know about." Ned says as Catelyn rested her head on his shoulder looking at their son.

"That is?"

"There is a babe with me." Ned said.

Carelyn removed her head.

"A babe of the north." Ned said.

Catelyn could feel her heart pounding.

"My sister's blood." Ned said quietly.

Catelyn's heart stopped thundering in her ears.

"He is of the north and the only thing lef tof my sister." Ned said.

"I'm sorry." Catelyn said and she truly was. Her hand rested over his. Robb slept soundly oblivious to their conversation.

"He is of blood of the dragon." Ned said.

"Rhaegar Targaryen." Catelyn muttered. She had heard rumors.

Ned nodded solomly.

"Where is the babe?" Catelyn asked calmly but firmly.

It clearly wasn't the words Eddard thought he would hear back. It most definitely wasnt the tons he expected to hear.

"Sir Ethon Palker has him." Ned says naming on of the armed gaurds of the north.

"What is the babe doing with him?" Catelyn asks getting up.

"Didn't think you would want to see him." Ned says.

"He's of the north." Catelyn says firmly, "No amount of Dragon blood can take that away."

Edward Tully was never fond of the Targaryen's. Though Catelyn, though she hid it, had a fascination with them.

++++

Ned has to say he is still in shock when Catelyn lays the babe next to Robb in the crib snuggling them both up tight to protect them from the harsh cold of the north.

"His name?" Carelyn mutters watching as the two babes hold eachothers hand on instinct.

"Rhaegar wanted Aegon Targaryen." Ned says, "Though Lyanna landed on Jon. Jon Snow."

"No." Catelyn said.

"Well we can't exactly use Aegon that's like saying, look it's a Targaryen." Ned tries to lighten the mood but nerves crep into his voice at his wife's words.

"No not the first name." Catelyn says.

"Well Targaryen is kinda the same thi-." Ned gets cut off by his wife.

"Jon Stark." Catelyn says gazing down at the boy. She said it in the same tone of voice Ned had said Robb's name earlier.

Ned went slack jawed.

"We obviously can't pass them off as twins and everyone knows I only agve birth to one babe though he will be treated as such." Catelyn says, "Him and Robb will grow up together and hopefully many more will come."

Ned's shocked expression turned into one of admiration.

++++

The babes slept pretty well as they talked.

"So you had a chance to chance to sit on the throne and you didn't fucking take it?" Catelyn asks.

"I have no interest ruling westros." Ned says.

"So you just gave it to Robert?" Catelyn asks turning to look him in the eye.

"The Barathon dynasty stands no chance against the Targaryen's." Eddard says. Catelyn, in that moment, sees the man her father wanted her to marry.

Jon is crying the next second and Catelyn goes to pick him up before Robb wakes up though the mission failed because not even a second later, Robb's cries filled the room.

Ned got up to pick up Robb.

The conversation was over but not forgotten.