chapter-5

Both of their eyes widened at the close proximity. But he didn't wanted to move away. He looked at those green eyes innocently staring back at him. Her lips parted slightly and her breathing a bit irregular.

Before things could get out of hand, Geto slowly got up and looked away, scratching behind his ear.But he wanted to say so many things....."S-sorry about that Izumi-san"

"I-it's alright..it wasn't your fault" She looked at him and found the cutest scene but didn't catch the slip of name.
Geto suguru was blushing and was looking around at anything but her, flustered. Never in her life had she imagined her having that effect on him.

"Senpai are you alright? I'll get some water" She quickly moved to the water jug on her bedside table.

Geto gratefully accepted the glass of water to occupy himself with something to avoid the awkwardness.

After placing the empty glass on the table he turned his gaze towards Izumi who was looking here and there.

Geto hesitantly took her hands in his making her to look at them and then at his face. He had a certain look in his eyes that she couldn't decipher.

"G-geto-san...?" She felt as if her heart was beating out of her chest and was worried if he would hear it.

"Suguru... Just call me suguru.. Izumi-san" His hand on hers tightened as his nerves were going haywire.

"Please Push me away if you're uncomfortable" he looked at her holding his breath as this single action will decide his hearts fate.

They both knew that it would change everything between them, for better or for worse. But neither cared at that time and were solely led by the rhythm of their hearts.

The push never came as her eyes were glued to his and she shook her head with an assuring smile.

Seeing as she wasn't bothered,he pulled her closer with his other arm and hugged her. He breathed in her scent and sighed at the feeling of her in his arms.

After separating, Geto took her towards her bed by hand and let her lay there." You should rest now Izumi-san. I'll let you know about the dinner" He got up and after a few seconds of contemplation, he pressed a soft kiss on her forehead.

Izumi blushed shyly at the boy's affection. She wanted to call him by his name but he was still her superior and it would be disrespectful. "U-um Suguru-san?"

Geto looked at the adorable girl with rosy cheeks tucked in her blanket and smiled at her.
"Hmm..? "

She wanted to ask him about what happened just now but decided against it "what happened today? There were so many casualties.. "

She didn't know if he'd tell her or not but being someone who was involved in the healing, she atleast had the right to know.

Geto sighed as he sat near her bed and looked at the ceiling.

"We just got careless. The building we were in collapsed and i got mixed up in the ruble saving those people the curse had captured. One of the people got scared and slashed my arm with glass on instinct. The curse sure was ugly, i can't blame the man" He chuckled trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"But you're not ugly...." His eyes locked on her as he laughed at her remark.

"Then what am I Izumi-san?" She can't deny that the sound of her name coming from his lips didn't make her feel giddy.

"As if you don't know.. "She scoffed with a smile and turned on the bed away from him covering her head with the blanket. She squealed internally once inside it.

"Hmm maybe.. But what if i said i want to know what you think about me?" He looked at her teasingly and slowly uncovered the blanket.

Her breath hitched and her heart pumped twice it's speed at his obvious flirting. She wasn't so awkward with the opposite gender, but somehow he could make her act like a clown as if he ran a circus.

"You're handsome"she mumbled

"Hm..? What? I couldn't get it" He pretended not to hear teasing her further.

"I said, I'm tired..." She yawned to show him but she was indeed tired so he let that go.

"I'll leave then. Once again thank you for taking care of me"she waved at him and he smiled and closed the door behind him.

"What's the time?"

"It's been 30 minutes Nanami"

Geto turned towards the sound and saw the two first years and a sheepish looking Gojo Satoru waving at him with the universal sign of 'you're dead'.(His hand motioning as if slicing his neck and his tongue sticking out)

Geto's eyebrows raised at the drama unfolding in front of him.

As if requiring a mediator, shoko came in between them.
"Uff just stop breathing down her neck you two. You need to come to terms that she is gonna date someone." She looked at the first years and points towards Geto.
"It might be this guy.. "

Nanami just looked at Yu then at Geto and sighed. "I'm no one to dictate who she dates. It's only upto her.We're just looking out for her. Geto-san, i respect you..and if she has decided, i believe you will keep her happy".

Geto was a bit taken aback seeing that Nanami had talked to him more than he has ever spoken before. But that's what made him believe that they would infact do anything for the girl.

"Of course.i respect you too Nanami, Haibara.when I'm given the chance, I'll make sure not to let her down and I'll do anything for her" Geto was glad he could spell out his feelings and it made him feel much more confident about them.

Hearing his earnest words everyone was in aww of the budding love. Even Gojo didn't comment on it and just smiled, proud of his bestfriend.

◦•●◉✿◉●•◦

Hey guyss

I'm a bit nervous about this chapter since it didn't came out the way i wanted it to be.. I swear it looked much better in my head. But I'll keep working on it

Thank you for reading<3