龍 09 龙

- Young Master first saved her and now we need to hand her the edict? Wuxian complained. Why can't it be someone else? We are busy as it is already. There is still Hua County's case-

- Shut it for once, Song glared at his friend. You have been complaining the whole trip. Will you be satisfied until Young Master shoots an arrow on your forehead?

- Thanks for saying what I've been meaning to, Song, General Wang sighed.

The Dragon Army was now entering the Feng Mansion.

General Wang was leading the way with his two most trusted men by his sides, the rest following them from behind.

General Feng ran to the door with his wife as soon as they heard him arrive.

- General Wang, they bowed. Let me welcome you into our home.

- Thank you, General Feng. We are here to deliver an imperial edict to Lady Cheng.

- To ... Lanlan? Her father nervously blinked.

The rest of the family members came outside, greeting the General. Ruolan's face went pale at the sight of the decree in her savior's hands.

Am I getting jailed? Or executed? But I'm still young and I still didn't travel and eat enough food and go to the Lantern Festival and get married and-

- Ruolan! Her mother yelled for the third time, taking her out of her trance. Get to the front.

The young girl anxiously walked towards General Wang. She stood in front of her parents and everyone got on their knees.

Longwei got off his horse and took the edict out. He looked at Ruolan's face and noticed her disturbed look, shaky hands, and teary eyes. He coughed, suppressing a smile.

It's funny how scared she looks, he thought.

- The incident at Horse Festival was Lady Yue's fault, he started reading. She was careless and reckless. His Majesty had punished her and ordered her to stay in her room and reflect on her actions. His Majesty and Consort Yue present their apologies to the Feng family for the assault. After hearing about Lady Feng's talents in archery and horse riding, Their Majesties wishes to congratulate her parents for raising such a talented and strong daughter.

Ruolan sighed in relief while her grandmother yelled with happiness.

- My Grandaughter got praised by His Majesty! She cried in joy.

- Lady Feng, General Wang called. Please, receive the decree.

She nervously got up and walked to the General. She took the decree from his hand, their fingers slightly brushing each other.

She quickly pulled her hand back and hid behind her eldest brother while Longwei looked at his hand, the feeling lingering on his fingers.

Her family kept thanking him for coming to deliver the edict.

- My daughter got praised by His Majesty! Mr. Feng giggled. How blessed I am to have such a good daughter. Let's go! I'm going to buy you all the walnut candies in the city!

Ruolan happily giggled, glad to hear her father praise her.

Longwei looked at them, feeling an emptiness in his heart.

- We shall take our leave now, he bowed to the family.