龍 13 龙

- Why are there so many male voices? Consort Lin entered the room.

- Your Highness, the two Lady Fengs bowed.

- Mother, Yuanqian smiled. It's Wei. He ordered them to do laps.

- Those poor soldiers ... The consort shook her head.

- Mother, these are the friends I told you about. This is Ruolan and Jingyi.

- Honored to meet Her Highness, Jingyi bowed again with her cousin.

- Rise your heads, Consort Lin softly smiled. How are you Ruolan? I heard about what happened.

- I'm fine, Your Highness. General Wang came to my rescue. The Feng family is forever grateful to him.

- That damn Liangqi, Yuanqian rolled her eyes.

- Yuanqian, her mother scolded her. You can't talk about her like that.

The three girls stayed quiet, making the eldest laugh.

- Okay, she winked at them. I admit it, she deserves it. But don't say it in front of everyone else.

- Yes, the three girls laughed.

*****

- You really thought you would win? Song mocked his friend.

- You were the first one to run! Wuxian complained.

- But I didn't lose. Nor did I twist my ankle.

- Zhu Song- Ouch!

- Any news? Longwei entered the room. 

- Young Master, the two men bowed.

- Per your orders, Song started. No one entered the forest. And it was as you expected. The men were carrying food and weapons. The problem is that ...

Song and Wuxian looked down.

- What is it? The general yelled. Speak!

- We checked the weapons ... They are the same ones we use.

Song took a sword and handed it to Longwei. He grabbed it and checked the weapon, finding the exact same characteristics as the ones made inside the castle.

- It seems like we have a traitor, his voice was icy, sending shivers through his men's spine. Find him. NOW!

*****

- Greeting, Mother, Longwei bowed to his mother.

- Wei, she warmly smiled. Come here.

He sat in front of his mother who softly stroked his cheek.

- You've lost weight, she complained. You shouldn't train this hard.

- Don't worry Mother. I am fine. There is just a case that's bothering me, but it's nothing.

- Lady Yue came today. Again.

- Mother I-

- Oh I'm not telling you to marry her. She is not good for you. And she hates me and your sister. I'd refuse even if His Majesty ordered me to. But it doesn't mean I don't want you to get married.

- Mother ...

- Don't you want to settle down? Men who were born the same year as you are already teaching their firstborns how to walk. I also want to have grandchildren and play with them.

- I just haven't found the right one Mother.

- How are you going to find her if you stay with your soldiers and swords all day? Many girls fancy you. You should go out and meet some of them.

- Then ... How about I go to the city and buy some calming herbs and nourishing foods for you? I'll be sure to take a good look at those ladies.

- Wang Longwei! His mother slapped his chest.

They giggled together. Longwei smiled at his mother's happy laughs.

He adored his mother. He would do anything and give his life for her in a heartbeat.

She and his sister were the dearest people in his heart, along with his late father.