Arc VII - Chapter 5

Evelynn POV

After quite a bit of driving and near-dodges with some police, the van finally stops in some dark street.

Jocelin: Now be careful Eve. Wouldn't want you stepping on a rat.

I couldn't tell if she was joking so I sorta ignored her. When I stepped out though, I did see and rat squeak and walk away. Marcus then stepped out and took a deep breathe.

Marcus: Good to be back home. Still stinks but it keeps the locals away.

He then throws his arms around me and then points at the one building with a glowing sign.

Marcus: That bar there is our base. In the basement is where all our real business gets done. Since you're a stranger, the boss may think of you as a liability but I can convince him to at least give you a job here at the bar. If you what you said is true about being stuck with the wrong crowd, chances are it's a rival of ours. Work of us, and you'll be a-okay.

While my acting has been alright so far, I'm unsure how I'm suppose to react to this. Both relieved and concern seemed off the table. Uneasy may be for the best. Jocelin then pulls me away from Marcus and buries my face in her breasts.

Jocelin: Don't worry babe. If Marcus here fucks up, I'll kill em and convince the boss with these babies.

Wow, she's very straightforward and bold. The lust is basically radiating off of her. It's enough to drive a girl wild, but I need to be careful. Can't reveal any of my goods until I confirm that half my tools are in working ordering. While the hand cut from earlier confirmed it in that moment, I need to know that it will be constant. I doubt the boy will keep it set to one for very long.. Pulling my face from Jocelin, I breathe in some of the shitty air down here.

Edmen: Inside you three. I'm not waiting around to see if the feds actually remember this street exists.

Marcus: Very well, let's go introduce our new barkeep to her home.

Edmen leads us inside with Jocelin leading me by the hand. Upon entering, I was greeted by a lot of loud music, bodies dancing on the floor, and bright lights.

Jocelin: It's always a blast being here at night.

While it is my ideal environment for snatching up my prey, I didn't like the mutual enjoyment they all had. They came here to drink, dance, and somehow it makes them forget all their woes, their agonies. The air was like poison, but that may just be me being unaccepting of the things around me. Then again, what I am suppose to accept? I honestly felt bad for a moment, thinking that these people shouldn't enjoy themselves. It was selfish.

Wait, what the hell am I thinking?

Jocelin: Careful Evey.

Evelynn: Huh?

I was then almost pushed over by a much larger man but Jocelin was able to catch me.

Jocelin: Don't think on the dance floor. Just go with the flow.

Apparently, she had led me onto the dance floor, leaving Marcus and Edmen to meet this boss they mentioned. Once she had released me, she started to dance along with the crowd, making sure to reveal some more of her skin in the progress. After being mesmerized by what I'll be doing later, I slowly just started to mimic her own dance until we were both absorbed into the raving dance floor. This was a different feeling. It was like everyone else's enjoyment. It was fun but I didn't know what fun this is. It was like I was just existing in a moment before I inevitably fade away.

Sorta like after the Rune Wars...

The more I thought about it, the slowly my movements got, and the less I began to enjoy myself. Since Jocelin wasn't paying attention, I decided to slip away toward the one open seat at the bar. When the bartender looked at me, I was unsure what to say or do. I know I'm suppose to get a drink here since I had been to one of these before, but I didn't know what the selection was. That's when the bartender poured something small and slid it over to me. I was a little hesitant to drink it but after one sip, it was all gone. It was really bitter, but it triggered an emotional reaction from me, disgust. It was close enough to agony that it wasn't the worst thing, but it was still disgusting. Someone then taps me on the shoulder, getting my attention.