Contract - 1

It was a tiresome night for Bella and having to deal with Cathy and Ella wasn't so helpful. It was as though she was the big sis amongst the three when they were basically the same age. She had to undress and get them to bed since nothing she did sobered them up.

After taking care of them, she decided to shower and work a bit more before going to bed. Bella was workaholic by nature and with Bryan's image constantly appearing in her mind, she had no chance of sleeping so she decided to divert that energy to work instead.

At the party
"Do you know them?" Bryan asked Derek the moment he returned to the party. "Who do you mean sir" Derek asked confusion obvious on his face. "The ladies you drove out obviously" Bryan responded annoyance laced in his tone. "No sir, they hired me as their chauffeur for the night" Derek responded.

"You may leave" Bryan dismissed Derek as he realized he was getting too worked up over it. Derek left feeling all confused with the attitude Bryan put up but he had better things to think about than Bryan at the moment.

"So do you wanna start explaining all that was about?" Gabriel one of Bryan's friends and Co worker asked with agrin. "nothing" he replied sterning indirectly saying he doesn't wanna talk.

"Then do you want to talk about those 3 hotties you were with. Things seem pretty heated if u ask me" Gabriel continued with a smirk. Peter and Charles supported Gabriel in teasing Bryan but he  refused to spill. "Not fair man, we have been buds our whole lies and you are keeping secrets from us huh?!" Peter said in hopes of getting him to talk. "Man, you should know that if I don't want to spill, I won't and I don't want to" Bryan said slapping his back while laughing.

Gabriel, Peter and Charles knew something was up when they saw how thirsty Bryan looked at one of the girls and Bryan being secretive about it was suspicious, he probably just wants to knock her up. The lady in question looked ravishing from their point of view. Gabriel complained about the choice of color Bryan choose for the party.

He didn't understand why he would choose that particular color for a party they even made a bet that they would ask any lady who dressed in black out when Bryan told them any lady should find it attractive and that was exactly what they planned but with Bryan's gaze, they knew that particular lady was off limits.

Bryan never liked sharing to begin with not even with them.

"Let's go for a drink guys, the fun part of this party is just about to begin for us or what do you think" Charles suggested.

Of course, who would pass on a good liquor and girls. This party boring asf, Peter replied. They decided to go to a bar and chill out. Peter called over some girls and they had their own party after party. Even though the party was lit, Bryan seemed out of it and even turned down the advances of some girls that tried flirting with him. This was something that rarely happen so the guys noticed without a doubt and Gabriel knew without a doubt it had something to do with the girl.

He couldn't refute the fact that that girl was just as stunning and she is ravishing and if Bryan hadn't laid out his territory on her, he was sure he would have pursued her without a second thought and he knew Peter and Charles wouldn't hesitate either if given the chance.

Gabriel was a great judge of character so he could instantly tell the lady wasn't the socializing type and she was more reserved than anything but there was something about her that he just couldn't pin out.

Knowing Bryan, he decided to leave him to his thoughts. He would talk when he was ready. Bryan on the other hand was battling his inner demons. It was struggling to come out while he was struggling to subdue him. He loathed this feeling.

The night was long for both Bryan and Bella. They both couldn't stop thinking of each other and while Bella soaked herself in work to avoid thinking of Bryan, Bryan soaked himself in alcohol to avoid thinking of of Bella.

                                ***

It's been 3 months and neither Bella nor Bryan had heard nor seen each other. They could find each other but they didn't wanna so they didn't. They were both relieved there was no contact with each though it didn't mean they didn't think of each other but they didn't want to have any contact of any sort due to their own reasons. 

The girls had gotten pretty close to Derek over the course of 3 months. Derek would always visit Bella on days he wasn't working, it was fun to have a different face around aside the girls. Bella had no idea Derek worked for Bryan, Bryan had no idea Derek was friends with Bella and Derek on the other hand had no idea Bella and his boss knew each other. It was like a twisted relationship neither of the involved party were aware of.

It's been fun with a new face around them but every now and then, Bella would contemplate whether or not Derek truly wanted to be with her so she decided to annul the agreement they had and Derek got the hint of what she was getting at. "We've been friends for a few months now and I sincerely enjoy hanging out with all of you, I'm not here because of the condition you gave me but of my own volition so don't worry your pretty little head over nothing" Derek assured her. Bella was glad since it has been bugging her for a while. She was a loner so she didn't know how to make friends and she really didn't want her first to be made that way and Derek was more than aware she was a great person to even help on their first encounter.

"Bella, come to my office" she receive a message from her boss. She was in the middle of a design she's been working on when she got the call. She hated going to his office as he was a pain in the ass but he was her boss after all.

"Please tell me this is about a design-related work not being secretary again" she asked already knowing the answer jet hoping he takes the hint which he never does unfortunately. "We have received a feedback on the proposal you submitted to Norman corporation and we have news a representative will be here any minute" Bella's boss said. "But I'm not the secretary, I'm the designer boss. Why am I here" Bella said sighing. "Linda isn't here so shut up and just as you are asked" Mr Taylor, Bella's boss replied almost raised his voice.

Bella internally screamed in frustration at her situation but maintained a professional look as she heard a knock on the door. That finally confused her. The person on the other end of the door was asked in.

A man maybe in his mid twenties with an amazingly charming look walked in. "I'm Gabriel from Norman Corporation and the representative as written in the earlier file" he introduced himself. "Please have a seat" Mr Taylor ushered him to a seat. He asked Bella to sit as well. Even though Bella didn't like the idea of being there but she had worked the most and Ethereal Jewelry has been trying to get a collaboration with Norman corporation for the longest time. We have been trying to cooperate with them for a little while now so this is a good opportunity but sir why am I here." Bella asked confusion obvious on her face.

"He wants you to work for him. That's the condition stated for the cooperation to go through."Mr Taylor, Bella's boss concluded. Bella was left dumbfounded. It took her a minute to gather her thoughts. "But sir, I'm just a little designer, what would you need me for, sir." Bella asked facing the man sitting next to her.

"I just needed a secretary ASAP and I've been searching for a while now, I happen to come across a few but it wasn't commendable so I want you" the man replied Bella with a smile. "But sir, didn't your file say I was a designer?" Bella asked while tilting her head sideways, a habit she picked up when she was confused. "I did, I just didn't care"

"Stop asking too many questions, he is your boss now so show some respect" Mr Taylor interrupted. "But I haven't accepted yet" Bella said. "Well I did" Mr Taylor responded. "What!!???" 

See y'all in the next chapter😘😘