𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

Chapter Contains:

- Swearing

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

December 30th, 1982.

We've been in the car for at least a good few hours now, and had only just arrived at our new home in Hurricane Utah.

I step out, whilst my parents get my brother. The temperature is really cold- and icy. My cheeks feel like they're burning up and my fingers are all numb. When I tell you I can feel every goosebump on my body, i mean it. The moving truck guys had already arrived, lifting things inside.

I admired the view: the house was tall, two floors and a seemingly small attic. This whole thing was really different from where we used to live. My parents got pretty sick of the noisy city and So they felt they should see what its like in a small town instead.

I felt my dad's hand on my shoulder. I look up at him to see his gaze fixed on the house, smiling,
"looks good, doesn't it?" His stare shifts down to me.

I smile, nodding and looking up,
"Yeah, much bigger than the last house" He nods and agreement.

"A fresh start Y/N, I think we've all needed this." He lets go and heads to my mom, assisting her with my brother. I saunter up to the front door, slipping inside- past the moving guys- and around our new home.

I look around in awe: there was a staircase opposite you as you come in, along with a corridor that led to a kitchen. On the left was a living room, connecting with the kitchen. At the end of the hallway, there was a back door, next to the dishwasher, that led to a small back yard. Next to the back door was another door on the right, that led to a laundry room. At the stairs was a closet. Jesus we're not that rich are we?

I run up the flight, coming to a long corridor that had multiple doors- an attic door in the ceiling.
"Wait!" I hear a a voice yell from downstairs. Without thinking twice, I quickly sprint to the first room on the right: a large space with a window that led out to the side of the house. There was a roof outside, and a pipe leading to the ground. I immediately wanted this room at first glance.

This makes it so much easier to sneak out.

"Dad?! I call dibs on this room!!" I call out.

"what?!" My Little brother looks into my new bedroom.

"That's not fair!! I didn't get a chance to look around!!"

"You snooze, you loose." I cross my arms and he huffs, reluctantly stomping off to the other empty bedrooms.

I run back downstairs and outside to the trunk of our car, piling boxes into my arms- full of my stuff- and running back upstairs to that room on the right. The moving guys had put in all of my furniture within an hour or so, and I had plastered posters of bands and movies across the walls.

I'd put all my wild clothes and shoes away in the drawers and the closets, set out my desk and found a cosy corner for other hobbies to live in. Now I'm reading comics in my room, It's past ten o'clock, and my window is open, the quiet neighbourhood breeze rushing inside. Oh yeah.

I could get used to this.

There came a knock at my door, and I look up. My parents come in, and I smile.

"We found you that new school, it's just down the road, thankfully" Mom smiles back, sitting down on my bed as my dad stands by the door.
"How you feeling bout' it all?"

I shrug, "I'm not worried. It's just school." I jerk my comic book to get the pages to flatten and start to read again. "I think I'll be fine, I know how to stand my own against unnecessary assholes." A grin formed on my face.
"Language," mom scolds and I laugh slightly.

She smiles, shaking her head and sharing a glance with my dad before looking back at me. I stare at them, confused,
"..what?"

"Just don't be.. stupid.. about it. I don't want any phone calls on your first day." She whines.

I roll my eyes,
"it's not my fault some teens decide they need to be a growing thorn straight into my ass-"

"Language!" Mom scolds again. I sigh.

"I'd never fight them unless try first!" I argue.
"You know I don't like causing unnecessary trouble."

Mom sighs again, only nodding. She goes to say something, when my dad interrupts:
"Just do you sweetie, if they do pick on you.. I think it's right you stand up for yourself, just don't take it to far" He earns a glare from mom.

She doesn't like violence- at all, she's all about peace and love- that hippy shit. Thinks violence can't solve anything. My dad does too, except he cares for me in a different way- wanting me to be confident in who I am. And unfortunately, that sometimes means dealing with my black eyes and/or bruised knuckles.

My mom shakes her head, rolling her eyes, before she looks at me.
"Get some sleep baby." A small smile plastered on her face.

I nod, and scurry under sheets. She kisses my head,
"goodnight Darling."

My dad waves as mom gets up, and they both walk out. They shut my door walking away together. I switch out my light- I am kinda excited for this school. I've forgotten what it's like to be the new kid.

My eyes soon close, failing the protest against sleep, and I sink into my pillows. I soon pass out into a deep sleep.

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Anddddd I've finally posted my first official chapter,

Hope You'll enjoyed :)