⫷|2|⫸ The Memories

As the fog in her mind lifted, the darkness dissolved into a radiant glow.

Slowly, her awareness returned, and she felt as though she floated above a bed of delicate flowers.

The idea struck her: was this what the afterlife, perhaps heaven, was meant to feel like? Tentatively, she tried to sit up, only to be met with a throbbing ache in her head that brought her back to the present.

Amid the swirling confusion, a shout pierced the air, announcing, "Crown Princess is awake..."

Crown Princess? The words felt oddly out of place, as if plucked from another world.

She questioned internally, wondering if this was the customary address in the realm she now found herself.

Then, a voice-warm, respectful-offered a greeting that further perplexed her. "Greetings, Crown Princess."

The words danced around her, leaving her confused.

A respectful bow from a lady met her gaze, and she was asked if she could take a seat beside her.

She nodded, and the lady gracefully eased herself onto the space next to her.

The lady's next words sliced through the hazy uncertainty, bringing clarity and a new wave of bemusement.

"I know you have a lot of pressure on you, Crown Princess Vishaka... but that doesn't mean you try to end your life." The words felt like a puzzle piece, both fitting and yet entirely out of place.

The woman, adorned with jewelry that gleamed like a treasure trove, seemed to know something of her struggles.

Caught between disbelief and attempting to uncover the scene infront of her, a name surfaced in her thoughts, like a whisper from the past-Vishaka.

But what did it mean? Was this her own name, or someone else's? The shroud of confusion thickened, and her grasp on reality felt ever more tenuous.

Were these strange pronouncements and interactions born from madness, or was she truly in a realm where titles and events existed beyond her previous comprehension?

"Get ready....Rani Maa wants to meet you."

"Princess Surekha...Queen has requested her to arrive in her bridal attire."

She flinched at this...Bridal attire?

She was sure she's alive but does that mean she's in an enemy territory?

In a flurry of activity, Surekha guided Vishaka through the transformation into her bridal attire.

The heavy, mud-brown lehenga, adorned with intricate jewelry, felt like an embodiment of tradition and yet stood apart with its bold design.

Her blouse, more like a bralette, was strapless, secured by a tight knot at the back, leaving her shoulders and back exposed.

The long skirt hugged her figure, worn from just below her navel, a departure from the modesty she was accustomed to.

Confusion mingled with concern as she brawled with the outfit's revealing nature.

The veil, draped over her head after her hair was elegantly tied into a bun, added an air of mystery that echoed the enigma surrounding her circumstances.

But it was the mention of the chudamani that left her taken aback.

Why would they award her something typically reserved for married individuals?

Using her presence of mind...she decided to play along, She declared that she would put on the chudamani herself.

Instantly, the dasis moved, drawing a curtain that concealed her reflection.