CHAPTER 4

❃❃❃

❃❃❃

The deafening roar of the crowd filled the air as the Canadian Grand Prix came to its thrilling conclusion. Charles slumped down in his seat, frustration etched across his face. His heart pounding with disappointment, slowly removed his helmet balaclava, coming in fifth place in the race was not the result he had hoped for. If only his team and engineers had made better decisions, he could have been on that podium. The adrenaline rush of the competition was wearing off, replaced by disappointment. "Damn it," he muttered to himself, tugging at the collar of his racing suit.

But then, his gaze flickered to one of the massive screens displaying Lewis giving his post-race interview. A charming grin plastered across his face as he answered and dabbed the sweat off his face. Charles couldn't help but feel a surge of pride for his undeniable talent. Watching his boyfriend, the corners of Charles's lips twitched upward, but he quickly composed himself. He knew all too well that cameras were possibly still capturing his every move.

Lewis, In his usual charismatic manner, thanked his team and praised the incredible support he had received. Then, to the surprise of many, he switched to French, and he addressed the Quebec fans with heartfelt gratitude. Charles's heart skipped a beat in surprise. He had taught Lewis that phrase. And it warmed his heart to know that his boyfriend was making an effort.

As soon as Lewis accepted his trophy and made his way off the podium, Charles wasted no time he had to send his boyfriend a text, congratulating him on his accomplishment.

                                                                                                     Congrats, babe! You were amazing out there!

Thank you! I can't wait to celebrate properly. 

How'd I do with my French love?

                                                          You did great mon amour had no idea you were doing that today