• 1 •

September 13th 1986

I'm arguing with Steve in the car while I'm trying to fix my hair for the stupid prep rally. He's going on and on about some girl, Phoebe or Holly, I honestly don't know because I'm not listening. " Robin, are you even listening to me? " Steve asks me. " Yes! " I answer, exasperated. My hair won't stay correctly and it's annoying me like mad.

" Then what was I saying? " Steve asks me. " Something about Phoebe I don't know! " I say, still annoyed by my hair.  " No! Heidi! The problem, with her is she's going away to college soon, and there's no point in a relationship with just sex and- " I interrupt Steve. " Okay! I get it, Steve, but just please will you shut up for a second because I need to do my mascara and fix my hair for the prep rally, and I woke up this morning looking like a corpse! And I have to look good at the prep rally! " I say, taking out my mascara.

Steve smirks and I question him. " what? " I ask. " are you sure that it's just the prep rally you need to look good for? No one in particular? " Steve asks me. " what do you mean, Steve? " I ask him, looking in the mirror and I start to apply the mascara. " Oh c'mon Robin, it's obvious! Vickie! You like her! " I freeze.

I may have forgotten to tell Steve. You see, I did like Vickie. But that was a long time ago. Now, I've gained a new crush on someone else.

Anyway, Steve finally pulls up in the school. " Thanks, Steve. Can't go to work today, could you cover for me? " I ask Steve as I get out of the car. " Fine. But you better be in the next day, Robin, or I swear I will kill you! " Steve said but I don't hear him because I'm far away from the car.

" Cheers! " I say as I run towards my friends.

( 332 words )