Act 1 :Meet The Evergreens 🌲

(This chapter may or may not be removed.)

⚠️: mild sexual talk discussed
Chapter one : Meet the Evergreens

August 2179
Evergreen Estate ,Golden Bruggen
Eliza

   My green flats slapped on the intricate marble as I zoomed in the hallway as my emerald dress flew past. My chest was heavy with worry, and  my heart was an anchor . My breathing came out as quick, tired puffs.
    I had one goal :see if  Father was okay.
Double doors and people flashed by as I twisted and spun around to dodge.  Bulters and maids glared and watched me in confusion and annoyance.I spirited past old armor and werid portraits of Elder Nymphs.
    With barely enough balance, I nearly slipped and fell on my butt and slid the great white door to the side.
   "Father ,"I breathed out ,my voice tired and loud  but alas ,my father  who sat a whole meter away, heard nothing. My spirts died instantly, but my shoulders fell as a sad, small smile spread on my lips.
  At least he's okay ,thank the Goddess.
I spread my fingers, thin bronze wire around my ring finger as I recited a blessing and snapped my eyes to the grand chandelier above me, which twinkled like stars.
    In front of my dad was a thin man dressed in a white coat as his gloved fingers typed quickly on the  air -a holo screen naked to the eye.I lifted my emerald gown and ran towards him.
   "Is  my father okay ?Is he improving?"I asked the doctor, my green eyes wide with worry as questions swarmed my untamed worry.The doctors concentration faltered as he paused the diagnostic test. It was a  wide screen  that  scanned his body and showed his brain movements.The doctor straightened his back and cleared his throat."Yes,"he repiled roboticly."I've run a diagnostic test on his body, and everything is fine, and organs are smoothly."he responded as he tapped and typed on the  screen, which showed a 3D model of my father and another his tree, which rotated some, were black ,red and orange, and his human brain with red patches"but his brain is showing signs of amnesia.His brain had suppressed  his wives death, and as for you.It switches to remembering you."
   My father was stuck in a loop of forgetting and remembering ,his daughter.A sad sigh escaped my lips as my throat locked with sadness.His health was deteriorating fast.
   I averted my gaze and clenched my fist."So he is not completely sane."I croaked as the doctor looked away."But would his health improve ?"I asked desperately  to cling   to the watery silks of hope.
   "We can only hope."
  But I wouldn't let that stop me from trying.He was not just an Earl or a Count of Golden Bruggen.He also was my father.
    "Father,"I called."It's me.Eliza ,your daughter.Your tulip."And yet he remained still with his pale blue eyes glossy as he placed his gloved hands on his lap as he stared past the floor-to-ceiling window.He sat on the cushion.His eyes glazed  with potential tears.He turned his gaze to me and just a flicker of light then it died as soon  as it came.
   My heart cracked a little as he pursed his lips.It was proven futile.Ever since the bandits poisoned my mother's tree years ago, my father died along  with her, and he was never the same again.
    My mother become a prune ,black and wrinkly as her eyes drained of all colour but she shortly passed but I was a mere seedling ,a little sprout.Her monstrous appearance was imprinted into my  young mind but now I was sixten ---almost a woman ,an adult.A junior in highschool.
   Father snapped his head as I stepped closer ,then he stared at me hard.Somethjng crunched beneath my feet.It was hundreds of parchment paper all inked.My eyes widened in surprise as the Grandfather clock chimed  from the dark curve of the room and yet my father did not stop his gaze into the unknown.His gaze was whimsical, lost deep in memories of my mother as the sunlight poured in.He stared at the strenched of emerald forest which stenched into the horizon.
       He was a great man who, unfortunately, was stuck in the 19th century.He dressed in a  tweed coat,trousers a waistcoat, and a tail coat.
       "Oh Hestia,"I exclaimed  as I watched the mess.The room was empty and hallow apart from the desk and the old Grandfather clock.Dozens of paper spread haphazardly around ,all freshly inked and sat  on a Davenport was an old used typewriter and a comfy chair.
      This was one of the many rooms of the estate which was not in use.It was circular , whitewashed, and contained an anclove.
      A maid stood beside  me and sighed."Don't fret ,your Grace.The Earl would be healed.We've been supplied with the most skilled and trusted  doctors in all of  Okiria."She replied with a smile  and clasped her hands on her apron.I nodded and tried to smile.It was forced, but I nodded to be strong.
     The door slid  quietly into place  as I departed ,my eyes prickled with tears and my heart heavy in my chest.There were days were my father remembered me  and  others where he forgot .There were days when he talked about her as if she were still here.
  He wore an iconic mustache with two curls with a trimmed beard and white hair slicked back.Now his hair was untamed and wild bloodshot eyes.The lively hundred year old nymh was now a sad old man.
   Now I had to presume training of becoming the next Earl since I was the only heir he had.The pressure was suffocating when I juggled to many things at hand.Even my normal school schedule was congested with studies and Court dealings as a Countess.
    The maids bowed  and the butlers greeted me as I strutted by.The gurgling of the fountain and the chirps of the birds to the manicured grass to the circular driveway.This was home.At the hallway window showed the manicured rose maze then the small houses where the  high white wall which curved to cause division.Then the far taller wall ,thick and imposing and pure white which enclosed the  whole of Okiria which hid us from the outside world.I cast a glance at the wall which irked me as a shudder ran through my spine.Sometimes my brain wandered why we had smaller walls which bisected us to the tallest one which showed a silver of blue sky.Rumors had it that it was over a sixty feet.
   Others believed that it was to protect from opposing forces like demons ,monsters and unlivable land but others saw it as a trap to keep as here like mice.An odd feeling froze my blood  as goosebumps rose on my skin.
    I slid my door open and entered into my large room as the sunlight filtered In  from the heavy wine curtains and smooth marble floors and a queen sized bed in the middle with a wine canopy.I walked to the end of my room near my closet and sat on my chair and looked at the screens.
   Name? A feminine robotic asked.
         Eliza Evergreen.
  I repiled easily as all the five screens geared  to life.All inviduals flashing a home screen then flicked my finger as all my previous tabs came on.I spread my fingers  on the curved glass and typed on the keyboard as the Okirian symbols lit in up.They all showed individual  things . One  showed my recent  messages andphotos  and saved blogs  as a familiar  annoying boy  spammed my box.
   I wanted  to roll my eyes so hard  as a groan escaped my lips.Out of morbid curiosity,I  clicked  on it only to bombarded  with numerous texts of a sad ,desperate boy.He asked about linking up ,texting my name ,asking why I'm avoided him and asking if he was bad.
   I bowed my head  , and my red-rimmed  glasses slipped  off my nose as I haughtyly pushed it back up.I blinked for light to return to my retina  and fix the blurry mess
            This dick won't quit .
I  gnashed my teeth as I slammed my  head with my palm and shook my head with disappointment.
     Why was I so desperate .No,why was I so stupid ?
      I groaned again and took my attention to my friends screen as it moved to the middle.I typed quickly on the keyboard. Instantly, my best friend ,a Baron, was an amazing friend nonetheless.
     "Hi, bestie."She cried, full of energy.A pale oval face  with  pointed ears that poked out of her black hair, which fell past her shoulders on waves with a bright smile that warmed the coldest hearts.
  My lips stenched into a smile."Hi ,Amalie."I greeted .She smiled as her face turned as pink as a rose.
    "So how was it?"She screamed ,almost shattering my ear drums.
      "What ?"I played dumb.I wasn't no prude to things  but her not saying the actual word icked me.
     "The sex."She replied in annoyance.
       "Horriable."I groaned like I ate something bad."I hated every second of it."I  suddenly felt cold  and in  bony  my emerald decorated with  white swirls on my  gown.
     Amalie scrunched her face and adjusted her screen."How was it horrible unless he was a virgin? Then that sucks."
I leaned back on my chair and thought hard maybe he was.All I felt was disgust and I was completely uncomfortable.I didn't enjoy the kiss or the stripping in front of a stranger.That brought a digested  shudder through my spine.
     "I don't want to recall it."I stated ,waving my hands at the camara as Amalie dissolved into laughter.My stomach rumbled just at the thought.
         Werid.
"Was it that bad ?"She asked as I nodded.Just the thought,rose goosebumps on my flesh.
     I was no stranger to the latest gist that the Elites ---the children of Nobles or the Class ---the children of filthy rich.Gossip traveled fast and the most scandals and who fucked who.Even I ,a girl of high standard or the stereotypical book nerd stooped so low.I need the most impulsive thing. Out of place,I  decided to spend the night  with one of my peers.A boy from within the Earldom out of the wall.A boy  from the outer walls  of Golden Bruggen.
   My friend was extremely lucky not to be of High Rank, which I was grateful for.She didn't need the stress as a Magicka.
   "Oh Godess,my heart."She purred, hands clasped to her chest with a dramatic gasp.Her glossy nails glittered in the light.A smile spread on my lips.
    I aggressively tapped on the clear table as the symbols glowed  on the keys.
    "Agh,this bastard  won't quit."I went on."He just can't stop  begging . It's just sad and pathetic."
   The Mage frowned, answered, "Just block him.Point blank or just you know tell him he sucked."she paused."And try not to wander to that side of town."I nodded in agreement .I shuddered, and then she sat back and exposed her whole self.She wore a purple silk dress, and then she propped her fist on her neck."How's your dad ?"
    The tension I dissolved earlier had resurfaced, and it over took me as  my eyes got glossy.I averted her warm  gaze that was now icy. I stared at my crossed legs instead as tears clogged my throat.
       "S-Still not  active or responsive.He just sits  and stares... no where."I croaked ,each word felt like swallowing nails and gripped the edge of the table.
      "I pray to the Goddess  of Nature and the Godess of Warmth.She would find a way.He's  been through so much."she repiled.
     I gritted my teeth and clenched my fingers hard.
         What about me ?A selfish thought climbed into my mind.I'm the one who has to take responsibility, and my dad is not himself.
    I forced a nod ,my voice locked in my throat as I blinked my tears away.We sat in silence ,long and tensed as we just stared at each other.I never felt beautiful per say but I wished I was.
   "But why was it an issue.You  the Class President  and the school's Student Representative president."She added,filling the void which we both created.
     I groaned and gripped my lower abdomen."Yeah ,but it hurts."I answered."I didn't enjoy everything."
    "Yeah,makes sense.You were pure right.Untouched."I nodded ,a bit annoyed she didn't speak with the actual words.Then she bit her lip."Are you sex repulsed per say ?"My eyes widened  as I sat  back surprised  by her remark.
    Goddess, I wished I wasn't so impulsive and I wished I took percussions.I didn't get anything to prevent a disease  or get potential seeds even though we are both different species.He a Mage and I a Nymph.All I felt was regret and pure digust.He was probably pure  too or he just a load of ass ---he probably did.
       Then she braided ,untied, and ran her manicured nails through her hair as I adjusted my gown and bit my lip.
    So I just went in just like a mermaid plunges into the icy depths."What news have you got ,oh Foutune Gem."I muttered sarcastically.
     "Did  you hear this ?"She screamed.
      "What ?"I echoed,lost in the noise.
       "You won't believe  it.You know that annual test hosted for the Lower kids?"I nodded  eagerly."Well,our school is going to host them."
    "What?"I echoed."Those lowlifes."she nodded."But those kids are criminals, without life, and they are horrible."
    "Yes,and those from the Slums,kids from Norma  and those other Sectors."
      My blood ran cold.Who didn't know about those exams.Our Goddess Hesita and Queen  made a law about four years ago  to allow Lower Kids to do an impenetrable exam to attend Elite and Prep schools for a better life ,better conditions  and quality exam.But at least there were Mages and Engels.They were tough   and breed in terrible conditions but I was more weary of the Slum kids.They were given all these fantastic opportunities  but that didn't mean the other Nobles were on the same boat.Most of them were orphans  or lived in a single parent household or were Norms or very eccentric humans.But there was a raging war zone with air choked with pollution and poor neighborhoods that thrived with guards who ruled and abused  with an iron fist.
    Everyone knew how dangerous and unpredictable they were as they plucked gifted ones and picked others who could be improved  but having them in school.No ,our school  would be hard.
    "Shit ,"I cursed.
    "Shit ,indeed."
But what I didn't know  that I would meet that one.A Mage boy who would either save us or kill us all.