you're my star (wlw)

---------------------------------

Mani : 14, she/her

Venus (nickname: Ve) : 13, she/her

---------------------------------

angst

tw : self-harm, suicidal thoughts

---------------------------------

Mani's POV :

Venus has been acting very weird lately. The moment we met, i knew she was special, but in a good way. She's always been different, but that made me like her more. She matured early, but not other's in our class did. She wasn't mature in the way that she understood sex or made jokes about. She's been deep yet sweet. Some people might call her "edgy", but i think she's just more interested in these things. As i said she's been acting weird. She talks a lot more about suicide and makes jokes about commiting suicide. This might be a part of her "edginess", but im worried for her. I wouldn't want to loose her, I just don't know how to tell her that. This summer hasn't been so great. Nothing that interesting happened, a  lot of arguments between our friends, not going anywhere for vacations, bad weather.. Long story short, summer was shit. It went by fast and bad. Now we're only a week away from school. Venus hasn't been answering my texts nor my phone calls. I know a place she always hides in when something is wrong. It's a kind of old house with a good view to the garden. I asked my mom to let me "go for a walk", she wasn't very happy with me going out this dark, but she let me go. I grabbed my bike to get there faster. It took me 10 minutes to get there, i start running to the second floor of the house. That's usually where Venus sits down to think or just be alone. The second I go into that room, i freeze.

It's Venus, sitting on the bed with a knife in her hand and her other arm full of smaller and bigger cuts, crying. She looks just as shocked to see me as i am to see her. "M-mani?! What are you doing here?!" her voice is shaky and high-pitched from crying. I can't answer for a few seconds from the shock im experiencing. "..Venus?! Are you okay?!" I quickly run up to her and hug her. She just cries into my shoulder. A minute or so is just filled with crying before i ask her. "W-why did you do this, Venus..?". She can't answer right away. ".. I should just die.. I'm just a pathetic, attention seeking idiot..". I can't belive this. Is this how she thinks of herself? "Why would you call yourself that..?" "BECAUSE I AM! I want people to care about my problems! I don't want them to make anymore jokes! I want them to tell me I'm worth, even if i know I'm not!" "Ve, you are worth!" "No! I don't any goals for life, I don't have any special talents, I don't have anything worthful!". It just hurts to her words. "Ve! Even if you don't have these, you have an irreplacable personality! All the things we went through, all the things we did together! I don't want to loose you! I promise you, we'll find a solution to all those problems! Just please.. i can't loose you.."

...

nothing. Just silence.

Venus continues to hug me.

"..okay" that's the only thing she says.

We both stand up. I take off my sweater and hand it to Venus. "take it, it'll suck up the blood. I'll clean you up at home". She takes my sweater and puts it on. We go to my bike, she sits on the back and holds onto me as I bike us home. I told my mom that Venus will sleep here tonight. She problably would've beat my ass right now, but since Ve was here, im saved. I cleaned her scars and she took a bath. We both changed into out pajamas. As we lay on my bed, i feel like i need to tell her something..

"You're the morning star. The one that would come up the sky first and is the most luminous. You're my star."