Field trip to the labyrinth

Ivy, despite more often hanging out with Annabeth in her's due to it being less crowded, had been plenty of times inside the Athena cabin.

Still, it never failed to amaze her. Especially how different it was from Dionysus'.

Cabin 6 was repleted with books, maps, scrolls and every type of "nerdy" things she sucked at. But at the same time full of every type of weapons and armor all around the room. That, she understood.

Though the most amazing was how it all remained pretty organized and tidy. She didn't know how the Athena kids managed, cause she and her brothers could not.

Cabin 12 was usually terribly messy and disorganized. Grape vines tangling everywhere, weird leopard paintings hanging in the walls, and all kinds of drinks laying on the desks. As well as many party ornaments of course.

If it weren't for the Hermes cabin, they would probably lose cabin inspections every time, which was pretty pathetic taking into account they were literally only three of them staying there.

"Hello?" She called out. Nobody answered.

She stepped in and saw Annabeth standing in the back of the room, rifling through old scrolls.

"Hey there"

The blonde girl turned with a start. "Oh, hey you. Sorry, didn't hear you."

"Well, do you ever hear anything when you're focused on your reading?" She had tried to joke, but she became worried when she saw her friend's fearful look.

"You okay?" She said as she stepped closer to the Athena girl with concern. There weren't many things capable of scaring her friend, and that only preoccupied her more.

Annabeth frowned at the scroll in her hands. "Just trying to do some research. Daedalus's Labyrinth is so huge. None of the stories agree about anything. The maps just lead from nowhere to nowhere."

"Like I told you, don't worry. We'll figure it out" Ivy tried to reassure. "We always do. You are the smartest person I know, and the 4 of us will help you in whatever you need"

Her blond hair was down, cascading around her face, and the grey eyes Ivy had always loved looked almost black.

"Well, you know I've wanted to lead a quest since I was seven," She said.

"And you're going to do awesome."

She looked at her gratefully, but then stared down at all the books and scrolls she'd pulled from the shelves. "I'm worried, V. Maybe I shouldn't have asked any of you to do this."

"Hey, we're your friends. We wouldn't miss it." Ivy grabbed her hands. "Besides, I told you I'd follow you anywhere, and I still stand by it."

Annabeth shot her a small smile but then turned sad again. "But..."

"Something about the prophecy worries you right?"

She nodded. "I'm sure it's nothing, it's just.."

"Something about the last line." The blonde lowered her gaze, confirming her suspicions. "You dont have to tell me what it was, but don't forget prophecies and their double meanings are meant to confuse you. Just try not to think about it for now."

Annabeth remained silent but then let go of Ivy's hands to wrap her arms around her waist.

She immediately hugged her back, feeling how Annabeth, being like one inch taller, lowered her head slightly to hide it in the crook of her neck.

Ivy had her arms around her shivering friend's shoulders, and used her hands to run her fingers smoothly through her curls knowing the action always calmed her down.