Chapter 6 Disappeared again

The sun rose slowly and the darkness started to leave the sky

The sun rose slowly and the darkness started to leave the sky. My eye's felt heavy and full of sand as the black Volvo came up the drive. I wondered for the fifth time if I should have asked Maverick to be here as I stood from my seat on the porch. Blowing out the candle sitting on the table I waited for the car to stop and walked to it. Pushing down my fear and repulsion I opened the door. Sliding in to the seat, the smell of cigerates and a mans colone overwhelmed me.

"It's good to see you." "Is it?" He tutted at me smiling. "Why so cold?" I flinched as he stroked my cheek. "Will you not tell me what your name is today?" I eyed him. "You will leave me alone or I will come clean about what I know about your beliefs and why my neighbour got murdered." He took his hand back. "That wasn't us. It's been made to look like us but it's not. Come home to us my dear we will protect you as we did before."

I looked him in the eye making him frown with anger he was repressing. "You can't protect me from these people. Leave or die. These people will kill you and your church easily." "You threaten me?" His voice held a dangerous note to it. "How could I? I'm giving you a warning. Go home and leave me alone. The wolf cry's at the moon." His eye's went wide. "The wolf! You can't be serious. You got involved with them?" "I am serious. You know as well as I do that means I'll be dead within a month. Go home or face my fate."

I opened the door and he grabbed my hand. I looked down at the glove that barely covered the brand on the back of his hand. I recognised the shape of an 'x' inside a square.  The symbol for contacting ex-members. "You've been punished for following me?" "I'd die for you."

Looking in to his face I knew he meant it. "I've told you I don't want you around me. Don't make me get another restraining order. Go home and save your self more pain." I shook him off and got out the car. "At least tell me where my little girl is." "Safe from us both now leave!" I slammed the door and walked back to the house.

After a moment the car turned and the window opened. "I would let you back in with us in a heartbeat I would never leave you to the wolves." "I wouldn't come back to your group even if you left it." He shook his head at me and drove off. I let out a relieved breath, went inside and made myself a hot drink. I sat down with a book and enjoyed the peace I'd regained.

"Tia... are you awake?" Tobin's small voice woke me up with him shaking me gently. Looking at the clock it was 10am. I've only slept two hours. "I am. Do you want breakfast?" "They are here!" He whispered whilst wringing his hands. I looked out the window. "Where?" He came closer and said with his hands. There here, I saw them. Need a way out!

I stood and walked to the door locking it. I put the code in to the panel and metal shutters closed over the windows and doors. Turning I moved one of the bookshelves revealing my gun safe. I unlocked it and removed a shotgun. Loading it and stuffing my pockets with shells I looked over the liveingroom.

Tobin tugged on my sleeve. I smiled at him and closed the door to my gun safe and moved the bookshelf back. I used his silent language to tell him to follow me. I led him in to the basement. "We can talk here. Now I have somewhere safe place we can go, but I need to wait for them to leave before we can escape."