Apologies, Memories, and Meows~

"I... I... I'm sorry!"
Junichiro bows his head in apology to Atsushi. His hands on the table. In the cafe, Uzumaki, the first floor of the same building the agency resides in. The cafe had a homey feel to it, one of the places I'll take a nap if I could. Dazai had sat me by the next to him and scooted the chair more closer to him, making us apart by an inch. He was swaying in his seat, almost bumping into me to.
I cried my eyes out a bit earlier, I'll probably be taking a good nap afterwards. Well time to get back to coloring!
I hum happily as I start coloring a sheet from a coloring book given by Fukuzawa, it mainly consisted of cats. The crayons all around the table as I color.

"Huh?"
Atsushi seemingly a bit taken aback by Junichiro's apologize
" Though it was for your exam. I was so rude to you."
Oof! Kunikida is pushing Dazai by his leg! I'm getting caught in the crossfire...
"My name is Tanizaki Junichiro. I work as an assistant of sorts at the agency."

" Please, it's all right!"

" And this is--"

" His little sister, Naomi. "

" Y-your siblings?! I'm not sure I see a family resemblance"

" Oh? You doubt us? Of course we're siblings by blood. We're quite similar, especially this part. Right, brother?"
Naomi laughs. I turn my head to see what's going before it turns all black. A hand in front my eyes, blocking my view. I turn back to look at Dazai who simply gives a smile.
This has happened before yet I've never asked why... I mean, I do trust their judgement but why cover my eyes?
I silently return to coloring.

"Don't pursue this line of inquiry with them too far."
Kunikida warns Atsushi.

" Er, okay... "

"In any event, brat, today you have joined the ranks of our Armed Detective Agency. Do not be a burden to anyone, not shame the Agency's good name! "
Yelling the last part towards what I think the siblings.
"The rest of us are committed to that, at least. Right, Dazai? "

" Would you strangle me with these fragile, delicate fingers? "
Dazai hand touches the worker lady's hand. Kunikida walks up to Dazai, who just did the opposite what he had said. He hits on the head, making his head fall forward onto the small pillow I placed earlier in case of this.
If current me had told past me that I would be dealing with this on a daily basis, I would be severely confused about it, everything...
Hm, not that I really been thinking about... Theo, where are you???
'... Ah, apologies, something caught my attention so I'm tending to it.'
Do you need help? I can always lend it
'No, it's quite alright. '

"Are you going to smear mud on the Agency's name right as I'm saying we never would?! Ba-... Don't bother asking for her help all the time. I'll crush your neck with my own bony fingers! And (Y/N)! Stop babying him or he'll continue to slack off!"
Kunikida strangles Dazai as I blankly stare at the two.

" By the way, what we're both of you doing before you joined the Agency?"
The random question popping up in Atsushi's head as he shares it.

" Huh?! "
Kunikida yells making him stop strangling Dazai.
" Uh, no real meaning behind that question, by the way. "
He assured them, knowing well that it could cause a potential misunderstanding.

"Take a guess"

"Huh?"

"Oh, it's a game we play often. The rookie tries to guess his senior colleagues' former occupation. Well, it's part of their training as private investigators."
Dazai explains while sitting backwards on his chair. I put my crayon down and move in my chair, my side against the back of the chair, the conversation taking my interest.