Pinky Promise

That morning Bantad was sitting alone in the canteen waiting for the lesson to start. His friends text him they have something related to Blacklist to do, given that he had spent the night searching for information about God's Hands, they told him to rest.

While he was playing on his phone, he felt that someone was sitting next to him. He adjusted his glasses on his nose and saw Laila. She was smiling.

"Good morning babe"

"Laila, wait, we are at school. Dropped that babe of yours"

"Last night you weren't complaining" said the girls with a mischievous smile. Some students heard their dialogue and whistled to tease them.

"Ohoh, the nerd and the princess. What a couple!" shouted them in the middle of the canteen "I imagine how excited would be your nights"

Laila got up and faced the boy who was bubbling "So? Is there any problem if me and Bantad are a couple?"

The student dropped his smile and lowered his gaze "No, is not my problem"
"Right there"said Laila "Have a nice day!" and came back to the table.

"Laila" said Bantad visibly ashamed "We are not a couple. Don't spread useless voices. In case you don't know, I don't need other problems"

"Today you are not coming, are you?" said her ignoring Bantad's words

Bantad sighed "No, not today. Tomorrow after school?"

"Do you want a ride?"

"No, thanks"

"Ok, so see you tomorrow" Laila got up and went straight to class.

Bantad didn't see her until the day after.

He was again in front of her door. It was just the second time for him but it felt different, it was like he was already used to coming there.

"Good afternoon Mary" Bantad greeted the maid

"Mr. Bantad" answered her, smiling "Miss Laila is already waiting for you. Come in, please".

"For fuck's sake what's that now? What is happening? AAAAH"

"Miss Laila, remember you are a lady" Mary told her, resembling a mum who's scolding her little daughter "I know, I know. Bantad! You are here! Thank God, come please or I'm going to throw this computer outside the window!"

"I'm leaving, Miss" said Mary and disappeared through a door

"Calm down" told Bantad, sitting down on the chair next to her "What happened?"

"I don't know, I don't know!" Laila was almost screaming. Bantad looked at her; she was wearing the same trousers of their first meeting but he had a big black hoodie, a messy ponytail and she was wearing a pair of glasses. They were an old pair, not something fashionable as she was used to. And, of course, she was smelling good. He had thought about her scent for two days. It was a really sweet perfume with a little bit of spice. Just like her.

Bantad, remember. She is blackmailing you.

"Ok, let me see". Bantad took the laptop and started to write things and click everywhere. After some minutes on the desktop there was a text, probably the task Laila was working on.

"Is that?"

"Yes" Laila said, smiling at him "Thank you. I've thought that everything was lost"

"So, today what are we doing?"asked Banted adjusting his glasses on his nose

"Biology" answered the girl with a sigh "I've already written the text but now I have to make a presentation and, as you could guess, I'm not so good with computer science"