3. distance makes the heart grow fonder

CHAPTER THREEnarrative

CHAPTER THREE
narrative

"Morning, fiancé" Georgia rolled the nickname of her tongue with a cheeky grin as she shook me awake. I rubbed my eyes, yawning as I looked up to see georgia looking down on me with a smile from where I was lying on her chest.

"Hmm, it's too early," I muttered groggily, moving to straddle her waist , closing my eyes solemnly with my head in her neck. The celebrations from the euros had been nothing like ever before, wildly celebrating up until we had stumbled into our room at early hours of the morning, feeling like we had just hit the bed as we were awoken again.

"Cmon baby, I don't have long before I have to leave"she chuckled, kissing my head and resting her hands on my waist.

My face fell at her words. The celebrations of the euros now over, it was time for Georgia and the other international club players to go back to their country. I was incredibly proud of her, of course. But i was going to be alone and engaged. Of course i had my friends but that is unmatched from being apart from your fiancé . "no"i decided on, snuggling back onto her .

"no?"georgia quirked her eyebrow at me, confused.

"no, you can't leave, I'm not letting you"I pouted clinging on to her body as tight as humanly possible.

"gracie-" she said but I cut her off by getting off of her and getting out of our hotel room bed.

"Whatever," I mumbled, rolling my eyes now in a mood as i rolled off of her. I trodded over to the dresser in the corner our hotel room, grabbing picking out one of Georgia's shirts as i felt arms wrap around my waist.

I sighed, "G."She hummed, resting her hands lower to grip my waist, pulling me into her, hands travelling up my shirt. "Talk to me baby."

She kissed my shoulder before i brushed her off heading into the bathroom to freshen up making her frown.

"Nothing, c'mon we're gonna miss breakfast," I grabbed my jacket, quickly slipping it off as i grasped her hand leading her down to the cafeteria for breakfast, her quickly forgetting about it once the smell of bacon hit her nose.

I sat down next to Leah while Georgia went to get breakfast for us both, a few other of the arsenal girls accompanying us followed by Keira who was sat on the other side of Leah and Lucy next to her.

"There's our girl!, Rough night?"Leah smirked as i rested my head in my arms, yawning as i gave her a tight lipped smile which looked anything but believable .

"Guess you could say that," i mumbled as she raised her eyebrows at me in a slightly concerned way. She looked down seeing me twisting around my newly engagement ring which i was yet to get used to.

"Come here, you" she muttered in understand, pulling me into her arms as she wrapped her arms around me while i rested my head on her shoulder with a hum.

"What's up? Talk to me," she said, running her hand up and down my arm.

"Nothing, i just, i guess i don't want this to end, it's all going to fast." I mumbled, staring into space.

"I get that." She nodded in understanding, "Has this got anything to do with Georgia?"

I nodded, "I was so happy Le, I am so happy. The love of my life proposed to me for god sake, I just need more time. It's all going way too fast."

"now it's all over, she's leaving for germany, without you"she said and I nodded closing my eyes .

"I'm happy for her of course, I see how much happier she is in germany, but it hurts, we only see each other at camp and how are we supposed to plan a wedding when she's 13 hours away"i said and she gave me a sympathetic smile.

Before Leah could say anything else, Georgia came over with our plates, sliding my over as i gave her a small kiss mumbling thanks as she sat down beside me. I leaned into her side as she fed me some of my pancakes, scoffing down some of her eggs and resting her hand on my thigh.

"You okay now, baby?"she mumbled, running her hand through my hair as she fed me a strawberry.

"I'm fine, I always am" I dismissed quickly, avoiding the situation ignoring the sigh of annoyance she let out, resting her chin on top of my head. heard her let out a breath resting her chin on top of my head.

"look baby, I know it's rough, I don't wanna leave you either, but we don't have long left before we have to leave, let's make it memorable yeah?"she said and I nodded looking over my shoulder at her.

"yeah"i agreed pulling the back of her neck down to kiss me on the lips. and that we did, we spent time with the girls and even sarina joined us as we soaked all of it in before preseason .

the games,movies and laughs ended as we were all lined outside the hotel waiting for a taxi.
obviously mine with the arsenal girls back to St Albans while georgia was getting a taxi to the airport.

"baby,I've gotta go"georgia sighed as I was wrapped in her arms still and her eyes wandered over to the taxi driver who was beginning to get impatient.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, g"I said, forced out of her arms by leah and beth.tears were now running down my cheeks and I was lucky I didn't have makeup on.

"I'm gonna miss you too, my love"georgia chuckled, wiping my tears of my cheek with her thumb.

"now, you better go before your forced to take me with you"i told her, pushing her as we both laughed lightly. "I'll call you once I get to the airport".

she brought my hand up kissing my ring making me smile through my sadness before kissing my lips passionately.she pulled away too quick for my liking but it would only drag this on longer.

I sighed, leaning my head on lotte's shoulder as I watched georgia wave who was left of us before getting driven away.

authors note
this made me kind
of sad 😢