Chapter 1. 1. 3:background

It was two o'clock in the afternoon, and the professor had an urgent matter to attend to, so me and my classmates were sent out to the playground. There I was standing at the edge of the playground looking so pale with my all-black short and white polo school uniform with an emblem (BFA) Bright Future Academy, black shoes with white socks, a black wrist watch, and my shiny slick-back haircut, holding a candy that our professor gave us. For the past two months of staying here at this school. I made no friends because they think that I'm a creepy boy who has a staring problem so awful that they think worse than expected. Just like one morning, my classmate (Rik) said "hi", trying to make friends with me. Gladness is what I felt, even though my brain is telling me This is a waste of time. I overthought the situation, not knowing we'd been staring at each other this whole time, so I decided to greet him back. As soon as I raise my hand to say "Hi". His face change from happy to sad. He thought that I'd punch him in the gut, and his tears started dripping out of his eyes. Upon noticing, our professor approached us and started to ask questions about what had happen. Rik narrated precisely what happened to the entire class, but they said otherwise. He also checked the part where Rik said that I punched him; there was no scratch to be found. After that day, no one tried to talk to me again. It's sad, but I'm used to it. "I mean, this is not new to me". Back then, in my previous school, I'd seen worse than this. I don't know what caused them to shed tears when I stared at them, because the last time I checked myself in the mirror, I believed I had a pretty normal set of eyes for a seven-year-old boy. "It made me wonder." Is it the deep, dark kind of blackness in my pupils, or is it my thick, well-groomed eyebrows? Whatever it is, my tiny brain can't produce any explanation.

Maybe my father had all the answers I needed to all of my questions because he is a scientist, but I never got the chance to ask him because the last time I saw him was about two months ago when he transferred me here. He never even had the time to greet me on my 7th birthday. He's always in a hurry, like someone is hunting him down. My mother has been nowhere to be found ever since I can remember. I never met my mother; no one talks about her, not even my father, and I've no one to ask because the only person I knew aside from my father is the driver, who talks about silly or doubtful things like him getting all the gorgeous ladies, but the only lady he flirted with was our maid, whom I knew and who played the role of my mother. Although they look nice together and are in the same age bracket, our driver looks decent enough, despite the fact that his hair is everywhere and doesn't complement his spotless uniform that our maid prepares for him every day, but nobody complains about it, not even our maid, who even likes it. She used to play with it, touching and smelling it. It's gross when I see them doing it, but that's not my concern anymore. For my innocent mind, they're both disgusting, especially our maid; she's the opposite of stunning. I'm just silent because they built pieces of me, and apart from them, I know not one person...