Truth or Dare? (Kim Minji)

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth," I replied.

I sat directly across from my childhood friend, Minji. With a few seconds passed, my eyes gleamed with anticipation towards Minji, who was still trying to think of a question.

I looked around the dimly lit room, filled with excitement and anticipation. The warm, ambient lighting of Minji's vanilla-scented candles cast a soft glow that formed an intimate ambiance.

Turning around, her walls were adorned with colourful posters and photographs, complementing the soft pastel-coloured wall. There it was, the framed picture of us that was taken 13 years ago when we were still kids.

"Who's your favourite idol?" Minji spoke out.

"By the way, there is only one right answer." She followed up with an anticipated answer, prompting me to mention her name.

"Um, I think my favorite idol has to be Yujin noona! She's charming, charismatic and—"

Before I could even finish the sentence, my answer was abruptly interrupted by Minji as she jerked her fist towards my shoulder. It was definitely not a Mike Tyson type of punch, but it surely wasn't a light one either.

"I told you there was only one right answer." She said, slightly annoyed and sad.

"Ahh, all of a sudden I think Yujin noona is much better." I mumbled under my breath.

A few more rounds have past, and the game has started to become repetitive and mundane.

"How about for the next round, let's only do dares" I spoke out suddenly. That I thought, would slightly spiced up our little game.

To my surprise, Minji, the most timid girl I know, decided to nod her head. She hasn't even chosen dare for a while now.

"Ok noona, dare or dare?" I said, with a playful smirk.

She slowly tucked her long, silky hair behind her ear, and she leaned in. Her gaze and aura was different, I couldn't recognize her anymore. In a blink of an eye, our faces were already less than a few inches apart. The fragrant scent of the light perfume she always wore lingered in the hypnotizing atmosphere. My face was getting increasingly hot.

"Let's switch it up a bit." She said

"Noon—"

She interrupted me for a second time.

"I dare you to fall in love with me."

Without a warning, she pushed me onto the cold floor, lips connected. After what felt like eternity, I pulled her in for a hug, softly whispering

"You didn't have to dare me."