Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

They moved quickly, Finn taking Freya and Klaus taking Percy before they used their vampire speed to get them out of the forest to see where they were. Neither Klaus nor Finn had signal on their phones. It was starting to become dark out and all of them were eager to return home and to rejoin the others of their family. Percy finally was able to convince them all to stop long enough for her to let loose a whistle that would make New Yorkers jealous.

Not even a minute later the two vampires spotted two shapes coming towards them from the sky and when they got closer, they realized that they were pegasus, one called Blackjack and the other Porky.

"They are going to give us rides back home. Klaus, Freya, if the two of you could mount Porky, yep just like a regular horse, Finn your with me. Klaus you'll want to hold on right there and then Freya just hold onto Klaus. Pegasus are fast. They can get us back home in no time." Percy easily mounted Blackjack and Finn followed her cautiously, wrapping his arms around her waist like she had said.

Freya and Klaus mirrored them on Porky. Both of them were stiff though as they obviously had never ridden a pegasus before.

"Relax. Pegasus are safer then airplanes, cars, etc., they won't let you fall. Blackjack, Porky, let's go."

The two pegasus began to beat their wings and lifted into the air easily. Finn and the other two tensed even more as they soared high up into the sky. After being in the air for a beat or two, the three newbies began to relax inch by inch and took in the peaceful relaxing view.

"This is amazing!" Freya shouted with a laugh. Percy grinned over at her.

"I know. I used to just come up here and think when i needed to get away from everyone." Percy responded, casting a spell that let them all hear each other without shouting.

Finn's arms tightened around her in support. "I feel deep regret in not rescuing you, even though i knew nothing about you. The seven of us missed out on you being our Mother during for over a thousand years but now that we are all together again, maybe we can have a thousand more years together as the family we should have been."

Percy smiled over her shoulder at him. "I'd like that. And if you all find your soul mates, I'm sure i can beg Uncle Z to make them Immortal like how the Hunters of Artemis are. And I'm sure if i talk to Hestia, Artemis, and Hera, the four of us could come up with a way for all of my Original children to have children of their own with their chosen mate."

Klaus scoffed. "Don't tell me you believe in that soul mate nonsense."

"Of course i do. I've seen many a demigod and other supernatural creatures find them. I asked them what it felt like meeting each other. They've all said that as soon as their eyes first met, they felt a type of pull towards each other that grew stronger whenever they were apart as they felt urges to find the other. They said that when they first touched, it was like nothing they could ever describe. They just knew immediately that they were meant to be together. And yes, some have fought it, fought the match that Cupid, Aphrodite, and Fate made but they can never resist it. The love for each other is like an inferno. And once you meet that one, you'll be complete."

They were all silent for a moment. Then Klaus grumbled. " Why does it sound like you are wanting to find your soulmate?" Percy smiled softly.

"Because i do, i always have. And i won't stop craving my other half until i find him."

"Then I hope he will be everything you've been hoping for, and everything you deserve." Freya said as they flew over Mystic Falls and towards the Mikaelson manor just as the last rays of the sun disappeared and the moon began to gleam brightly.