╼⊳⊰ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 I ⊱⊲╾

┈┈───╼⊳⊰ ✧ ⊱⊲╾───┈┈

❝𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔗𝔬 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔘𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔤𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔡 ❞

❝–𝕺𝖓𝖊 𝕯𝖆𝖞. . .❞

The star-studded night sky was hidden by the tree branches overhead. The wind lightly ruffled your (H/c) hair. Your footsteps were barely audible. You were hiding. Hiding. For about two months now. In that time, you've been pretty banged up.

Who have you been hiding from? Oh, it's a very long, interesting, wonderful story.
But you don't want to think about it.

You need to focus on other things. You're almost at the top of Mount Ebbott, where legend has it there's an entrance to the Underground.

You didn't really believe those fables.

In those two months of your attempts to escape, you had suffered a few minor injuries, you hadn't slept much, and you had run out of supplies quite often. But a week before this day, you still managed to find a shelter where you could recover. During this time, all of your injuries had healed, you had slept well and generally felt fine. You'd been working on a plan all this time to climb Mount Ebbot. Why? In the mountainous terrain you had a better chance of throwing your pursuers off the trail and setting up a few 'accidents'. But in the highlands, you were in danger, too. That's why you took a week to recover and prepare.

You had your safety gear with you. A rope, a hook. Actually, it was enough, Mount Ebbott wasn't that difficult. You had a bag with supplies and wound care and a few other things.

Barely audible voices somewhere behind you brought you out of your reverie. They were close. So you quickened your pace. The wind lightly swayed the tree branches as you passed the trunks. The voices grew louder, letting you know they were getting closer.

"There she is!" You suddenly heard a loud shout behind you. The rough voice of an interrogator informed the others of your location.

You turned around just as a pistol bullet flew past you. It almost hit you in the shoulder. This is bad. You rushed forward, circling the barrels, trying to dodge the bullets and hide in the shadows of the night. Loud voices were talking amongst themselves and could be heard from almost everywhere. You switched to running, turning the pursuit into a chase. The sounds of gunshots rang in your ears. Fortunately you were quite agile and graceful in your movements, skillfully dodging bullets. Several years of practice had taken its toll, huh?

The blood pounding in your ears drowned out almost all extraneous sounds. Adrenaline rushed through your body as the chase continued. You kept running, the ground becoming more and more lianas that you could easily trip over. Your long cloak caught on a tree branch and you almost fell. Yanking the edge of the cloak, you pulled yourself free, severing the cloak slightly. Two more bullets flew dangerously close to you as you dashed towards the spruce dodging the third.

"You seriously can't hit her?!" The other man's furious shout came from somewhere behind you.

You grinned to yourself at the thought of how angry these guys were now. The chase continued, you moved further away from your pursuers. Luckily your black cloak did a great job of hiding in the shadows. Until at one point you tripped and went flying into the bushes. Shit. You rolled on the ground and stepped on a liana and looked up. There was a huge black hole right in front of your feet and you would have fallen down in a second, but you reacted quickly and stepped back, barely keeping your balance. You turned around and saw the silhouettes of people looking for you through the foliage. The light from the lanterns illuminated the forest, plunged into darkness. Muffled voices hummed from the small crowd of people. Time was short.

You took out a rope and a hook from your bag and then hooked the hook onto a liana. They came to the bushes you had fallen into.

You peered into the pitch blackness of the hole. It was impossible to see what was down there. You jumped into the darkness without hesitation. You had the impression that by descending you were sinking into the eternal darkness of oblivion, doomed to a lonely end...

You slowly descended lower and lower. The creak of metal made it clear that the hook had slipped. You felt yourself begin to fall. A moment later, a dull pain pierced your body.
Your spine.

Or rather, the absence of it. You fell on your back, into a bed of golden flowers. You sat up slowly, coming to your senses. You could hear muffled voices from above, and you lifted your head.

"She's not here. . ."

"Are you kidding me? How could you let her get away?!"

"Damn it, damn girl. . ."

You assume they probably won't check the pit, or at least do it later. Either way you wish to get away from them as possible as far as it possible.

Getting up you looked around with interest. The place was dark and empty, except for the flowers you had fallen on. They were covered with a thin layer of dust. You spread your cloak shaking off the dust. Walking over the flowers you walked on.

"So this is the same Underground. . .?" You said to yourself, looking around thoughtfully.

The purple walls looked rather gloomy. With your steps you picked up dust from the ground. You walked up the gray steps and peeked into the next room. A light breeze ruffled the hem of your cloak.

You suddenly felt a sharp pain on your left arm. You rolled up the sleeve of your cloak and saw a bloody scratch. The wound wasn't very big or deep, but it still wasn't too pleasant. It must have happened while running and you didn't notice in the heat of the chase. You lowered your sleeve and decided you would take care of it later. Right now you needed to make sure you were away from the pursuit and find a safe place.

Well.

Welcome to the Underground.

┈┈───╼⊳⊰ ✧ ⊱⊲╾───┈┈

Greetings here~

You can call me Ink ┊ Kogni.

Glad to see you're reading this story ˘▽˘

I want to say right away that the story will be updated slowly and I'm not very good at it. There may be a lot of grammatical mistakes since English is not my first language and I'm still learning :>

I hope you like the story ♡