╼⊳⊰ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 III ⊱⊲╾

❝𝔄 𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡❞

❝–𝔉𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔟𝔶𝔰𝔰. . .

𝔇𝔬 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔯𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔫𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔟𝔬𝔲𝔱. . .

𝔚𝔥𝔬 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔞𝔰 𝔠𝔯𝔲𝔢𝔩 𝔞𝔰 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔫𝔬𝔴?❞

I sat silently in the chair. My blank stare was directed straight ahead of me. The feeling of emptiness inside of me seemed unwilling to let me rest. It pressed down on me, making me feel a heaviness in my ribcage. It was a kind of. . . sense of inevitability. . .

With a heavy sigh I got up and started walking aimlessly in circles around the pub. My mind was blank. No thoughts. Nothing. I just couldn't think about anything.

Another sigh. I took slow steps toward the window, resting my elbows on the sill. The cold landscape, the white glistening snow. . . It was business as usual. An empty, cold, and dead snow town. . .

No.

Wait a minute. . .

My attention was caught by a tall figure in black. They were standing right in front of the Christmas tree. Was someone here? I thought I'd left someone alive, but. . . .

When I looked closer, I realized.

It was a human.

They seemed very aloof. They looked lonely against the empty street.

I had already spent a long time waiting for them to appear. Something was wrong this time, though. I mean, I vaguely remembered the image of the human, so I couldn't tell if there was something strange about their appearance this time.

"SANS!! STOP STARING AT THE HUMAN! WE HAVE TO KILL THEM NOW!!"

Papyrus' flying head stared at me unhappily. I only waved him away.

"Yeah, right away, Paps . . . Let's go say hello, huh?"

Well, I guess it's time to welcome a new friend, huh? Give them a warm welcome. . .

┈╼⊳⊰ ◦ ◦ ◦ ⊱⊲╾┈

You stood still and stared at the tree. What else was there to do? The feeling of someone looking at you was terribly creepy, given that the town seemed completely abandoned. On the one hand, you should be glad there's someone here, right? But you're not. I mean, it's suspicious.

You didn't know what to do now. Turning around would have been the logical thing to do. Why didn't you? Ah, of course-

"Hello, human."

Oh, this is what you feared. The cold, low voice behind you echoed in your head. Already from that moment on, you felt suspicious of the speaker.

You turned around slowly, not saying a word.

The figure before you was wearing a blue sweatshirt, black shorts, and. . .slippers? That's. . . That's odd. He appears to have a hood over his head. You couldn't see his facial expression, only the red and red with blue rimmed pupils staring back at you. They seemed to glow in the dark. . . His clothes were covered in a layer of dust, his hands in his pockets. Only by looking at his feet could you realize that. . .

Was it a skeleton? How the hell does it work?

Oh, yeah, magic.

Well, it was the first monster you met. And you didn't like it. That skeleton seemed suspicious, as much of a question as anything in this place. Neither of you said anything. Its gaze was directed at you, intense and causing tension between you.