5: Resisting Temptation

You woke up before your alarm was able to startle you awake

You woke up before your alarm was able to startle you awake. Leah's goodnight kiss had created a euphoria in your brain. You fell asleep peacefully, thinking about the softness of her lips against yours and how the look in her eyes made you feel wanted.

You rolled out of bed and opened the curtains to reveal the stunning woodland scenery. The sun was shining without a cloud in the sky, making you excited to get into your first training session. Opening the window to let in the fresh air, you are instantly hit with warmth, confirming what you will wear for training. Before heading in the shower, you make your bed and lay out your Arsenal training vest top, shorts and Adidas socks.

The shower let you close your eyes and recall the memory of last night; thinking about Leah's touch caused a different warmth from the shower water to radiate through your body. You washed your body, still thinking how close both your bodies were last night and how you wished at this moment she was here. Snapping back to reality, you hopped out of the shower and dried yourself off. Throwing on your training kit, you pack your drawstring bag with your training day essentials that range from spare socks to extra tape. You'd been told yesterday that they were yet to have rainfall, so the pitches were firm, so you packed up your firm ground boots, Peach colour Nike Phantom Elites that you loved.

You made your way back to the dining hall, where you gave the performance of your life last night. This time it was empty but set up for your team's breakfast. Placing your stuff down by your usual seat, you took the opportunity to grab yourself a tea and browse through your phone. Clocking the time, you realised how early you were again for the second day. However, this time you felt happy and on top of the world. Looking down at your phone and scrolling through the news and social media, you are startled by a familiar voice.

"We really are starting to make a habit of this", the delicate voice announces.

Locking your phone and scanning upwards, you're met with Leah standing on the other side of the table. The morning sunrise graced her face through the window, creating a golden glow over her tanned skin, her deep blue eyes glistening with her blonde hair tucked behind her ears. Leah wore the same training kit ensemble as you, but it looked incredible on her. Leah was locked to you with the same smile that lit the confidence inside you last night. This time you were alone, the continued feelings from her kiss unlocked a new sense of beauty, and you were trying to take every second in. This must have been evident to Leah, who spoke again, "Y/N/N?"

Leah speaking your name broke you from your thoughts. "I think we like our early morning chats", you reply before gently adding, "Did you sleep well?"

Leah took the seat next to you, making your heart beat faster.

"It was the best night's sleep I've had in the last month...well, so far", glancing at you while she spoke her final part of that sentence.