Chapter 4

Wednesday had left the house as soon as her gift was given, aware of the oncoming storm she'd just brought upon herself. The goth wasn't all that worried, nor did she regret it, not even a smidge. It wasn't often she used her family's wealth, it was more of a convenience than a need really. After all, she had everything she could want at the moment. A roof over her head, food to eat, murder to commit, and her best friend by her side through it all.

She knew all too well that Enid had very little growing up, in terms of both financial and emotional stability. It was akin to an unspoken secret between the two. They had their heart to hearts, after all they'd been friends for a number of years, and with those years of friendship came trust, which was very hard for Wednesday to give out to just anyone. It had to be earned, and, not that she'd ever outright tell the blonde this, she had earned tenfold what was required to stand physically near to the goth without a death threat.

They were opposites in a number of ways. While Wednesday hated colors, Enid flourished in them, making it easier for the goth to stand them without having the urge to drown them in black or a shade close. It certainly helped in school, where as if she did not have a tolerance built up, she may not have survived thus far without committing a felony or two. She had quite a lot to thank her best friend for, though it was often hard for the dark-haired girl to express her gratitude as she wasn't very good with dealing with her emotions, especially in regards to someone non-familial but so very dear to her heart.

Which is why her roommate was now in possession of a brand new PC setup. If Wednesday were to be honest, she'd really only picked out the colors. As soon as she showed up at the electronics store, she picked out one unlucky worker and forced him to explain everything as they walked about the store. It was a miserable time for the both of them really, as the poor worker was there for hours, the man didn't even get his break. And the goth's brain began to hurt from the overload of information on the many advanced technologies the store held. After a while, she was fed up, and just asked where she could get her friend a new computer. As soon as that magical word was spoken, she could have sworn she could visibly see the associate's ears perk up as if he were a dog.

Luckily for them both, she clearly wasn't picky, just selected out the items he said she would need for an entire setup with the highest price tags. It wasn't without an attempt on his part to try to explain what, "ram," and, "graphics," meant but it was mute to Wednesday, just repeatedly asking for whatever would be the best for a gamer and/or streamer. She at least was able to pick about the case color for the tower, as the worker had kindly put it. She made an attempt to match it to the blonde's room, as it was a shade of pink slightly darker than the one adorning the wolf's walls.

She hadn't even bothered to look at the price at the checkout, only asking for the receipt in case there was something that her roommate didn't like or wanted differently. Her cart was chock full to the brim, a few parts teetering inside the basket. Worriedly, a few workers had rushed to her aid, helping her out to her vehicle and placing the items in her trunk to prevent any of the very expensive items from falling out and breaking.

Normally she hated shopping, it was rare for her to do so outside of basic needs. Even then, she often would procrastinate until they were running low on much-needed groceries. Of course, they never went hungry, especially since Enid discovered the wonders of delivery. It was quite convenient, it saved time for the both of them, but it was incredibly unhealthy. Many times, the goth would have to remind her roommate that she did not have the supernatural abilities, nor the supernatural metabolism, that the blonde possessed. They would go through small stunts of constant takeout meals, switching to rely on Wednesday's cooking skills when they realized how long it'd been. Around major tests was usually a time of little to no home cooked meals, but the wolf was happy no matter what she ate.