Chapter 2: The Reveal

Torch's POV
"Just be yourself! It'll work out." After he said that, I gave a small smile. Soon after, she picked up her phone. "Hi~" I heard that coming from the other line and blushed, pretty hard. "O-oh, H-hello!" She giggled on the other side of the line, "You know.. you're a pretty funny guy Flareon." "I'm t-told that quite a bit! But please, call me Torch." "Oh, well it's better to know someone's name.. Torch, I like that name. My name is Willow!" He thought to himself 'Willow? I don't know what it is, but that name sounds familiar. It has to be someone different... right?' "Well, it's nice to meet you Willow. It's also a pretty cute name!" I kinda said that last part without thinking, slipped off the tongue. "O-oh, t-thank you T-Torch.. I think y-your name is pretty c-cool." He was still red from when she first picked up. That statement wasn't helping.

Nitro's POV
'Jeez, he's red as hell, don't think I've ever seen him this red.' I thought to myself as I waited for him to finish his call with the Leafeon. Ash was on the phone for a lot longer than I thought, 'I think he's doing good for himself... hopefully he doesn't lose this one like the last.' Anyway.. he finished the call, tomato red. "You goo-" He cut me off with a small smile "I'm fucking great dude! I think I might have a chance with her!" "Not to be the downer, but sh-" He cut me off again "I don't want to hear it with your what if's. Let me happy about this!" I gave him a playful hit on his arm "I am! It's just... sigh ... nevermind. Just be you man, I'm sure she'll catch on to you quick." I said with a small smile.

While looking at him, his face was slowly returning to its original color. "Did you score a date?" I asked "Nope! She just wanted to talk and not make plans just yet. Especially since she's still y'know, working." "Oh right, but you should tell me when you make that date happen. You definitely need something somewhat nice to wear." I said giving a small chuckle after finishing my second comment. "Yeah, yeah. I know I'll need something, but I'm not wearing anything too fancy!" He said. I just laughed at his remark, "Let's just start walking back home." "Yeah, it's starting to get late." He added.

We both started on our way home, unfortunately running into Neon and her Espeon friend. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the one and only runaway." "..." "What's wrong, cat got your tongue?" 'She just never shuts the hell up does she?' "C'mon! Say something!" "......" "Speak up coward!" "...I just want yo-" She cut me off "Want me to what? Hm?" "I just want you to shut the hell up and leave me the fuck alone.." She scoffed "No way to treat a lady!" "...You say that but act nothing like one..." "And you wonder why you couldn't get ANYONE to love you!"

At this point, I was to say the least pissed and about to blow a fuse. Thankfully Ash recognized this and pushed me away from Neon to an open clearing in a park, calming me down. "I don't get how you could deal with her, especially with sitting there and not doing anything!" He exclaimed, "That's the thing.. I don't know how I can deal with it...." I'm not sure I could just find some way to avoid her, but she reminds me a lot of my old trainer...

Mystic's POV
She looked at Neon "That was kind of messed up Nee.. I know you don't like that Jolteon but geez, you have to be that harsh?" "Goes to show that you've never met 'that Jolteon'. Once you get to know him, it's nothing to what he seems." She scoffed. 'Regardless, that's not a way to treat another mon.' I thought to myself. "I don't question how you treat his Flareon friend." She said after a few moments of silence, "That's different!" "How so?" "I still think of him as a mon and not some kind of animal!" "So you like him?" "What?! No!" I snapped back. Nee kind of shrugged off my words like if they didn't matter at all. 'I hate hanging out with Nee sometimes. Always so aggressive to that Jolteon'

Torch's POV
I got a close look at Nitro and realized he started to tear up. "Hey dude, you alright?" "N-Nah, I'm good.." He lied. I could tell pretty easily as he's not the one to abruptly start crying, or even tear up. "I've known you for years, something is definitely up. Spill it." Nitro just sighed, wiping his tears "It's just something Neon said..." I put my paw on this shoulder, "You know yourself best, so think about it. Is what she said really true about you?"

He paused for a minute and opened his mouth, but didn't say anything. "C'mon see! You know what she said isn't true!" He gave a small chuckle "You always know how to make someone laugh." I shrugged, "What can I say, I'm just a funny guy." "Heh, yeah, I got stop letting her get into my head" I took my paw off his shoulder "Yeah, you really do, anyway, we gotta head home before it gets dark." I turned around and heard Nitro let out a sigh "Let's get going then."

On the way home it was quiet, so I tried talking to Nitro, "So what exactly did she say that got into your head?" He sighed again, "I-I don't really want to talk about it..." "I'm your best bud, you can tell me anything!" "Yeah yeah, I know, it's just.... I'm not really ready to say it." He said "Alright, if you change your mind just tell me yeah?" "Yeah, I'll let you know later on."

The rest of the walk home was rather quiet, I think he's just going through something mentally. I opened the door and immediately threw myself onto the couch. Nitro was right behind me to talk into the door and closed it. "Hey Ash.." "Yo, what's up?" I responded, "I think I should probably tell you what's going on as you're my best friend but I'm not too sure how to word this." He said "Shoot it, I'm listening." He took a deep breath "It kinda affected me pretty bad when she said 'And you wonder why couldn't get ANYONE to love you'. It hurt quite a bit given the fact we dated for a few years...." I choked on my spit "HUH." My thoughts went straight to 'THEY USED TO WHAT NOW?!'

-End of Chapter-

Thank you for reading another chapter in this series. I'm still not too sure where this'll lead, but I'm sure I'll come up with something as I go along. Regardless, I'll try my best to come up with a consistent story!

Chapter info:
Story words: 1146
Direct story chapter
Date finished: August 30th, 2023
Time finished: 12:09 pm