crimson clover

Sasuke found himself dreading the next morning, because now nothing seemed worse than the thought of saying goodbye to Naruto.

And when you're dreading the end of anything, it seems to come sooner.

He wasn't late by any sorts, but for when he was fully clothed and entered the common room everyone seemed to be waiting for him with eagerness and a mischievous grin on their faces.

Minato stood in the front while Naruto sat in the corner, his gaze fixed on the ground. The omega who had stolen every last one of Sasuke's dreams and thoughts. The blonde's shoulder relaxed slightly, and Sasuke knew the other had sensed his presence.

"Ah! We've been waiting for you, Uchiha-san! You certainly took your time." Minato spoke loudly and with a big smile on his face.

"I apologise, Uzumaki-san; I didn't realise my presence was required. Is there something urgent that needs to be attended to?"

In normal circumstances, he would have assumed there was an emergency, but suddenly his mother appeared and hugged him like she hadn't ever embraced him in public, or at least not in Konoha. Sasuke noted she did appear to be more at ease in this kingdom.

"We wouldn't have done this without your father, but last night I received his blessing through a letter. I don't recall ever hearing him sound so enthusiastic on a plain sheet of parchment."

Once again, taken aback. "What are you talking about, mother?" Sasuke inquired.

"We decided it was about time we finalised the engagement and set a date."

Sasuke struggled to explain his joy at that precise time. Happiness is not a constant state, but rather a fleeting visitor, appearing in glimpses and moments of pure bliss. Sasuke found those moments in his family's smiles, and now in Naruto's eyes.

He could sense the omega's hesitation now, and his gaze was drawn to him. Kushina was holding Naruto, while Kurama stood stiffly in the corner. There was a discomfort in his shoulder, indicating to Sasuke that the other crown price had no idea how to react to the news. Despite this, Naruto flung himself into his brother's arms.

Meanwhile, Minato was hugging Sasuke and mumbling something like, "welcome to our family."

The congratulatory wishes and greetings swept the couple away as they both struggled to find a moment alone.

Sasuke shook hands with the only person remaining and immediately stepped out. Naruto stood at a far distance his green kimono blanketed the grass.

"Naruto-san."

The blonde spun a little too fast and almost tripped on the excess fabric of his clothing, though he steadied himself before Sauske could reach out and grab him.

"Oh I apologise, you caught me by surprise Sasuke-san. I was just wondering if this all happened too fast for you. I did ask father to not spring the news on you so suddenly. I uhm wanted to talk to beforehand if you ever okay with our relationship moving forwards so hastily."

Nervous rambling was definitely another trait of Naruto's that Sasuke had to get used to. Though there really wasn't much of a problem because he loved seeing the omega get flustered quite this easily.

"Naruto-san, I didn't feel the need to establish this for you, but I suppose I should. I want you to be mine as soon as possible, I want to be your husband, your alpha, the person you want for the rest of your life, the one you rely on and the one who can solve any problem in your life. The need has been taking over my senses."

Naruto didn't know where to look so his eyes fell on the ground. Sasuke took a step forward and cupped the omega's chin bringing Naruto's eyes back to his.