chapter seven

CHAPTER SEVEN
to love a boy

"I'd say it deserves an A+," The science teacher compliments, "Good job, you two."

Olive smiles. Phoebe and her got the highest grade on their project in the class.

Phoebe high-fives Olive, "We fucking did it. I knew we could."

"You kept trying to give up when you got bored," Olive chuckles, "It was a little annoying, but we did get it done, I guess."

Phoebe shrugs, "I'm proud of us. Mostly you, though. You deserve most of the credit."

"Don't say that," Olive shakes her head, "We did awesome."

Phoebe is standing here and admiring Olive when Shawn walks over.

"Good job, guys." Shawn smiles as Olive walks away, "Woah... Phoebe, are you good? You look like you saw a ghost."

"Oh, shit." Phoebe inhales sharply, "I like your sister."

"What?"

•••

Anna is waiting for Kaleb to get ready, because the two of them are going out on a date.

Once Kaleb walks down, he immediately makes a mature decision. He's going to tell her.

"Anna, I need to tell you something," Kaleb takes a deep breath.

"Me first," Anna chuckles, "It's important."

Kaleb shakes his head, "Right, but I've been putting it off--"

"Kaleb," Anna sighs, "Okay. Here it is. I love you."

Kaleb just furrows his eyebrows.

"Like, I'm in love with you," Anna specifies, "And it's cool if you don't say it back. I mean, it'll probably make things weird between us--"

"You beat me to it." Kaleb narrows his eyes, "You... you fucking beat me to it."

"What?"

"I was gonna say I love you!" Kaleb exclaims.

Anna smiles, "Really? Oh, Kaleb--"

"No, what?" Kaleb shakes his head and begins to walk up the stairs, "Redo."

Anna gives a confused look as he walks back down the stairs and grabs both of her hands.

"Anna, I love you," Kaleb says.

Anna raises her eyebrows, "You wanted to say it first really bad, hm?"

"I've been trying to tell you for weeks," Kaleb rolls his eyes, "Just let me have this one."

"Alright, fine, but only 'cause you're cute."

•••

It's 5:37 when the doorbell rings.

Gina has been trying to do things for the Fosters.

She feels like it's her job to pay them back for what they've done for her.

"I'll get it!" Gina calls out.

"No, you won't, I will." Gabrielle says.

"Just let me do something for you."

"No thanks."

"All right, fine." Gina sighs, "Rock, Paper, Scissors?"

The two of them proceed to play Rock Paper Scissors-- best out of three-- and Gina successfully wins.

Gina smiles victoriously, walking to the door.

She opens it up, and her jaw nearly drops.

"Hey, G. I'm back."

Standing before her, is the man that she hasn't seen since she was six.

It's her dad.

A/N: short ass chapter 😭 i guess you're just gonna have to read the fourth book when it comes out...?