6

I knocked on Chris' door around 11:50, I was twenty minutes late. I forgot my purse back at my hotel so, by the time I was half way to his hotel I had to go back. Lunch was on me after all. I stood in front of his door rocking back and forth between my heels and the balls of my feet. What was taking him so long? Once the door finally opened I was faced with a stranger. She had brown hair that was pulled in a tight french twist. She was wearing a business suit and her lips were painted red. She looked around fifty, with her grey hairs and pearls on her neck.

"Hi." I hesitated greeted trying to get a peek into the room. Where was Chris, and who was this lady?

"Hi, can I help you?" She asked politely.

"I'm just looking for Chris." I replied a little confused. "This is room 549 right?"

"No, this is room 459." Shit.

"I am so sorry! I'll ummm–I'm at the wrong room! I'll just–Have a nice day!" I exclaimed turning tomato red. I gave an awkward wave and I turned away flustered. I didn't even give her a chance to say bye, I just left. I quickly rushed to the elevator pushing the up button multiple times. I probably looked crazy. Once I was in the elevator, I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath. I'm so stupid. I laughed a little at my stupidity and shook my head.

This time I knocked on the right door and Chris opened it much to my relief.

"I'm so sorry I was late. I was almost on time. I was! I forgot my purse, then I knocked on the wrong door. It's been an eventful morning." I explained walking in and melting on his couch.

"How do you do this to yourself?"

"I don't know! I guess I just have a really scatter brain. Whitney tells me that all the time." Chris grabbed a hat and sunglasses and then I'm off again following him.

"What door did you knock on?"

"459's! The lady opened it, and I was trying to look in it to see if you were there. When I realized it was the wrong door, I left so fast she didn't even get a chance to say bye, or anything. I just left with a few awkward words. It was so embarrassing!" I groaned covering my face with my hands. Chris just laughed at my story, and so did I. His laugh almost made my embarrassment worth it.

"So what do you want for lunch?" I asked Chris as we got into my car.

"I bet there's a good barbecue restaurant around here."

"I'm always up for a barbecue m, I'm sure there's a good place near by." It only took a couple turns to find a barbecue restaurant. We walked inside and got seat quickly. We ordered our food and drinks when the waiter came by.

"What do you want to do, since this is like your last day of freedom?" I asked Chris

"I don't know. Hanging out with you sounds good to me." He answered leaning back into the chair that faced opposite to me. His gaze held mine before I looked somewhere else in the restaurant.

"Such the flatterer." I teased moving my head incase I was blushing.

After lunch we ended up heading towards a shopping center we originally thought of going to.

"I can't believe you didn't have to roll me out of that restaurant." I commented touching my stomach. We strolled down the sidewalks just simply window shopping and enjoying each others company.

"Let's s go in this shop" I pointed to a home decor shop.

"Okay, you redoing your house?"

"No, I just like looking at these things. I like decorating." Chris followed me inside the shop and we looked around. I found a couple paintings I liked and tried to picture them in my apartment. Then I tried to picture them getting safely through the airport.