Chapter 7

**guess who's back. back again. its only been like three years. were you surprised by the update? i fucking was lmao. But guys. Guys why does this have almost 12k views. Guys please. Are you that starving for content? Someone please explain this to me. Anyways, welcome back to the fic. I started this fic when I was in 7th grade and I'm currently in my 2nd year of college. That rounds out to about one chapter per year which is honestly kind of funny. Fair warning, I am planning on having a bit of fun with this chapter. I genuinely do not know where this story was supposed to be headed, and I am most definitely not even caught up on the show. I stopped in like season 2. But, uh, enjoy the chapter? I guess? Idk ao3 is down and I have nothing else to do.**

~Marinette's POV~

Alya and I were enjoying our own goddamn business in the gardens of the palace when suddenly I hear my name.

"Marinette? Alya!"

I turn to called and- oh fuck its Adrien. I grab Alya's arm and make a break for the palace.

"Wait- Marinette? Where are you going?" I hear Adrien cry out behind me, but I do not falter. Alya finally seems to understand the predicament that we have found ourselves in and joins me in my effort to escape from explaining ourselves to the boys we like. We make it through the doors into the palace and immediately collapse on the floor.

"Girl, what the fuck was that?" Alya gets out while fighting to catch her breath. Me, being more physically fit due to my second job as a superhero (wait fuck did I make this an AU where superpowers dont exist or not I genuinely cant remember and I dont feel like checking the previous chapters so uhhhhhh superpowers exist now???), barely broke a sweat from the burst of unexpected exercise. 

"That was something I like to call a strategic retreat. And now? It is a future Marinette problem. Current Marinette wants to stress bake some macarons. Are you going to join me?"

"Yeah, I'll join you. Just give me a second to exist again."

After laying on the ground for a few more minutes, we get up and begin to look for the kitchen. Unfortunately, we almost immediately got lost.

"Why is it so fucking hard to find a kitchen in this big ass palace?" I fumed. Alya snorts. Thankfully, we eventually run into someone who puts us out of our misery and directs us to the kitchen. The staff there have us a bit of a weird look when they saw me start to pull out the ingredients, but once we told them what we were doing and who we were, they left us mostly alone. Putting Adrien, Chloe, and the rest of the class out of my mind, I put all of my energy and focus towards the confections.

~Adrien's POV~

After watching Marinette and Alya disappear into the palace, I felt a little insults. I looked over at Nino, and he shrugged at me.

"I dunno dude. Maybe it wasn't them?"

"No it definitely was. I don't know why they ran though. Could you call Alya?"

"I can certainly try."

We both crowd around Nino's phone and watch it ring. After a few minutes, it gets sent to voicemail. Well, its not like we can just buzz the palace gates. Right?

Anyways. Thanks for tuning in. I know its a short chapter but I'm literally procrastinating doing my thermo homework so uhhhhh. I should probably get back to that. Wish me luck in my engineering degree. Yeah, if you couldn't tell by my incredibly subpar writing ability, I am a stem girlie. Working on that big brain degree. Until next time! (no promises on future updates)

~Liso