𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟨 ☆

It's been a few days since Tsukasa's last practice, meaning it's also been a few days since Saki put that thought in his head, the one about Rui or himself having feelings for each other. The question continued to plague him, and every time he snapped himself out of his thoughts, his face would feel warm or there'd be butterflies in his stomach.

Part of him didn't want to come to terms with it, even if it was only a thought and not fully understood yet. For all he knew, he could've been overthinking things and making himself embarrassed.

LGBTQ+ folk were pretty well accepted in their town, but that's not what concerned him. What concerned him is that if maybe he did like Rui and he confessed it, would Rui like him back? Would he reciprocate or would Tsukasa be a fool for even asking? Was he getting the wrong idea? It was only Saki's suggestion after all, he knew he shouldn't dwell on it... but oh, he was.

"...sa...kasa...Tsukasa!" Nene yelped, snapping him out of another daze.

"Wh- huh?"

"You were out of it again" Saki says, putting a hand on his shoulder "What's on your mind?"

"Ah- sorry, it's nothing" he chuckled awkwardly, waving a dismissive hand.

"It's definitely something" Nene frowns, leaning back and crossing her arms.

"I promise, there's nothing going on, I'm just tired"

That wasn't exactly a lie, Tsukasa was pretty tired. Before this, he had the second piano practice, they covered a lot about the performance and it took a lot of mental energy.

As much as a people-person as he was, he could still get pretty exhausted after talking to middle aged people for an hour and a half, listening to their bland jokes about politics and the lingering smell of cigar smoke. It bothered him most times, though he would never admit it aloud.

Saki would put her hand on her brothers shoulder and gently shake him, making him flinch.

"Snap out of it and choose a sandwich" she said, pointing to the deli which the girls lead him into.

Nene had wanted to hang out a little, a bit out of character for her, but Tenma thought it was a great idea. So, after a bit of conversation and planning, Saki decided the three of us would go have a picnic.

Personally, Tsukasa never minded hanging out with the girls, even if he occasionally got called feminine or whatnot because he sometimes let Saki paint his nails or he liked talking occasional gossip with Nene, but he refused to let that bother him. A star such as himself should never let ones cruel words affect him, nor would he let anyone else be mean or sexist to the girls.

A star; that was something else he got called out for. His classmates have said he's got too much confidence and it would get him in trouble one day, and teachers say he should calm down and look at reality in a more realistic perspective. What did they know anyways?

The blonde sighed and continued looking at the sandwich selection on the menu hanging above the counter. The line was short, sure, but it was slow moving, and they still had to wait for two other people to order before ordering for themselves.

Suddenly a crash was heard from the kitchen in the back, followed by a surprised yelp. A few of the customers, including Tsukasa, peeked their heads around to see into the kitchen.

A young girl came running out and started digging through cabinets to supposedly find cleaning supplies. The girl looked familiar...where had he seen her befor- Honami? Tsukasa thought she had a job as a housekeeper?