Nightmares

Tossing and turning in bed Cam sits upright "Ah!" in a cold sweat he's panting for air. He looks around in the dark hotel room when the light turns on. He snaps his attention to the source of the light seeing a half-awake Shelby. She sits up next to him wearing an oversized shirt rubbing her right eye, "Cam?" She kisses his shoulder and wraps him in a hug.  "It was just a nightmare Cam..." She was so used to this that they both suffered from nightmares whenever they came back from an investigation.

He fixes his sleeveless shirt and rests his head against hers, "Shelby... do you think we should hold back from future investigations?" She cuddles up to feel more of his warmth and shakes her head, "Wow that nightmare got you good if you're saying that." Cam looks at her concerned, "I'm serious Shel...I don't want to lose you." Now Shelby starts taking him seriously and pulls away, "What was your nightmare, Cam?" 

Cam thinks about whether he should explain it, but he takes a couple of deep breaths and exhales. He explains what he saw during their time at the manor and he can see she went pale hearing his explanation. "O-oh wow um..." she swallows hard and looks down at the bed. "You understand now why I'm asking? And why did we keep seeing Lord Lycan? I don't think he was the one doing the harm because it looked like he wished us well when we were leaving" he speaks trying to make sense of past events. 

"Then let's go back," Shelby says flatly. Cam looks at her shocked, "Shel what did I just get done saying?!" Shelby rolls her and firmly looks at him "Yeah about how you saw me dead, the phantom wolf and the nice Land Lord. What I am telling you is that the only way our questions can be answered is by pursuing the unknown!" He draws out a groan but his arms drop in surrender "And this is why I love you." She smirks "That's not the only reason now is it?" Cam's eyes grow wide "Down tiger!" She giggles, pins him down, and... mercilessly tickles attacks him! He was under her mercy as tears formed from how much he was laughing

 mercilessly tickles attacks him! He was under her mercy as tears formed from how much he was laughing

Cam and Shelby pull up for yet another day at the Manor. It is nine in the morning, earlier than what they're used to, but the manor doesn't seem to care. It still gives off such a creepy aura even in the daylight. 

Welcome Back

A voice that sounded like it came from within Cam plays. Cam gets an immediate chill but doesn't feel weary. "He knows we're back..." Cam warns Shelby as she grabs their equipment. She looks over at him, "How do you know?" He meets her gaze and says "I heard him welcome us back." She kept her gaze locked on him processing what he said "Oh boy... as long as there's not another wolf scare I don't care."

They walk into the manor, but this time it's full of visitors. Cam smiles a bit as seeing other people comforts him versus last night's encounter. Shelby bumps his shoulder and says "You're not checking someone out are you?" She teasingly sticks her tongue out. He grins "Yeah, you." They start setting up rem-pods in what was considered Lord Lycan's room. In this room, there was a chimney with used-up logs. After a while of set up, they had placed down a rem-pod by the chimney, by his bed, and another by the door leading out his room.

Shelby, sitting on a chair, holds in hand an EMF detector while Cam is standing facing the bed and chimney. The room could fit three minivans with how large it is but then again this family was wealthy so it was almost expected. "Good morning Lord Lycan, I do hope me and my companion are not intruding on your property. May we have some of your time?" Cam speaks out politely to start an interaction with the spirit. 

BZZ BZZ BZZ

"Energy is spiking in here Cam" Shelby informs him as she studies the energy readings as it reaches three out of the five lights. Cam looked over at the EMF detector satisfied, and looked back at the bed in the room "Thank you, Lord Lycan." 

BZZZZZZZZ

Shelby flips the device to show Cam exclaiming, "It's maxing out the device!" Before Cam could get a good look at the device the rempod by the chimney starts going off. The rempod's intense beeping grabbed Cam's attention as he could swear he saw a spark, "No way..." Sounds of soft crackling joined in the symphony of the emf and the rempod as a small fire was lit in the chimney. Shelby gasped seeing that, "W-what?!" She switched her attention between the chimney and Cam.

Cam was without words experiencing that. "Lord Lycan!" he calls out to see if he could see the old man again. Cam suddenly felt unsafe as a sense of dread fell over him. "Ah!" Shelby let out a scream as she dropped the emf detector. Cam looked over at her and saw a blown-up EMF detector. "Let's get out of here!" as he races to the door to leave the room. He grabs the doorknob and tries to open it. It would not budge! "Open damn it!" he yelled in a panic. 

She's going to die here

Cam looked back at the fire that was growing out of the control of the chimney, "No no no!" However when Cam least expected it Shelby tackled the door busting it open with such force that it nearly flew off its hinges. She grabs his arm and yanks him out of the room. They ran a good ten feet away from the room before stopping. Cam looks at Shelby in a panic "Call 9-1-1!" Shelby still trying to catch her breath looked at him confused, "Why?"  Exasperated he exclaims "The fire that has gone out of control Shel!" Now with her breath caught she stood up straight with even more confusion, " Cam... the fire is rather small... It needs fresh wood if it wants to grow anymore"

He couldn't believe what he was hearing, so he ran back to the room to see there was no huge fire engulfing the room. "But... it grew and there was that voice again... what..." he has a face of plain fear as he stares into that room. Shelby walks over to him and speaks cautiously, "Cammy what is happening?" Cam looks at her with the same expression then looks at the floor, he puts a hand to his face covering half his face, "I'm going insane..."

Leave

Cam stands up straight meeting face to face with Lord Lycan. He nearly jumped out of his skin as he glared him down, "What's the deal here?! Are you just trying to scare us?!" The old man's spirit just stares back at him with a poker face. The spirit then shakes his head and dissipates in front of him showing the wolf from the night before again. "SHIT!" he shuts the door to block the wolf from coming at them. Shelby points at Cam's legs "Cam... It's right there"

Cam looks down to see the wolf lying down by his feet. He jumps away from the wolf terrified "What? Am I supposed to trust that wolf now?!" The wolf looks up at them and locks eyes with Cam. Cam begins to feel dizzy, so dizzy in fact that he has to hold onto the wall to not lose his balance. He lost his footing, fell, and blacked out.

Cam started feeling something slimy on his cheek and then on his face. He groaned as he opened his eyes and saw a wolf licking his face. "AH!" He shouts and crawls away in a panic. That action scared the dog causing them to back away whimpering. "Awww you scared Maji" a familiar voice spoke. Cam follows the voice's origin and sees a young woman in victorian clothing. She looks like she could be a horse jockey with the way she's dressed. "Shelby...?" he asks her as he stands to his feet cautiously. 

The female kneels down to the wolf and pets its head "Whos a good husky!? Oh, who's a good husky!?" She kisses the dog's nose. 'Wait it's a HUSKY?!" Cam examines the husky as he's never seen one so big before. After the young woman sees that Maji feels better she turns her attention to Cam, "Whos Shelby? Grey, did you hit your head or something?" Cam has so much information to process, 'Okay there is a woman in front of me that has a terrible level of resemblance to Shelby, and she's calling me Grey' he thinks to himself. 

The jockey-dressed female blinks several times and waves her hand in front of his face, "Hello? Anyone in there?" Cam by instinct swats her arm away from his face and says, "Get lost, Shelley." She giggles and looks at Maji, "Greys back." Cam stares at the hand he used to swat Shelley's hand away when he thinks 'How did I know her name?' 

Cam looked around, "Wait.. I know this room..." He saw that he woke up on a bed, there was a chimney with freshly placed firewood and a desk for studying in the corner. Massive space with beautiful victorian era decor. He saw that there was a body-length mirror in the corner by the fireplace. He rushes over to it to see that he isn't in his body. Time froze as he realized his reflection blinked on its own. The mouth opened and said, "You're reliving my memories"