𝟸. 𝟸𝟶

Xerxies was moved to another room by Marcus, being promised that she could rest easy in there and no one would bother her while she came to terms with everything going on

Xerxies was moved to another room by Marcus, being promised that she could rest easy in there and no one would bother her while she came to terms with everything going on. So she laid down in the large bed, surrounded by barren walls and a singular desk with nothing on it.

The bed was the only beautiful thing about the room, it being a four-poster bed. The bed frame was made up of beautiful mahogany with deep rich red curtains hanging from the four poster corners. The bed-sheets were a beautiful charcoal gray with a lighter shade of gray for the pillows. It was simplistic yet devastatingly beautiful.

So she did as her newfound 'soulmate' wished, and she laid there, resting, and thinking over everything that had happened.

Of course she wasn't alone in her thoughts, if anyone truly knew her they would know that Xerxies hated being alone, so Crowley was laying in the bed beside her, his head resting on a pillow just like Xerxies' own, and his hands were crossed over his lap as if he was resting in his coffin.

"What are you thinking about, my little poltergeist?" Xerxies hummed softly and stared up at the ceiling, her eyes tracing the beautiful artwork that painted the whole ceiling.

"What am I to do now?" She asked her demon softly, her eyes slowly moving across the ceiling. "I have a life back in Forks, and I don't wish to leave it."

Crowley hummed and looked at his human charge, his now human eyes took in her form and read her body language.

She seemed relaxed, her eyes calculating yet soft, and her hands were softly tracing unknown shapes on her stomach over what he knew to be a scar through her shirt.

"What if your life came here?" He asked her, and Xerxies' eyes moved from the ceiling to his, looking at him with confusion, asking a silent question. "What if, your father and your friends were to come here, live here. Would you be willing to stay? To put in an effort of this soul bond?"

Xerxies looked into the eyes of the only being who never lied to her, who never judged her, and who would always support her no matter her decision, because he had no personal gain in lying, or judging her.

"If, and that's a very big if, they were to come here and live here...then maybe." Her eyes moved back to the ceiling, admiring all the colors and brush strokes, the bumps and ridges, the faces and flowers, everything. "Maybe...but even then I'm not sure..I would be turned and my dad and friends would grow old and I would have to see them die...I don't think I could handle that."

Her voice had become a whisper as she closed her eyes as her mind played with her by showing her images of her dad and friends dying.

"Charlie could be changed, and Leah and Seth, their shifters so as long as they don't ever stop shifting they'll stay young." Xerxies looked over at Crowley and smiled sadly.

"Crowley, Pops would never want to be immortal, or at least I don't think he would. And Seth and Leah...vampires are their enemy by nature, being surrounded by them constantly would drive them crazy, plus they need a pack." Crowley hummed and just smiled softly.

"Well, I'll support you no matter what, little spirit." Xerxies smiled in appreciation before scooting over and cuddling into her demon's side.

"Good night Crowley." The demon smiled down at his charge and hummed.

"Sweet Nightmares, my little lass."

It was late into the night, the three kings sat in their joined study and just thought over what had happened that day.

The Cullens were sent back to their hotel to meet with the rest of their coven, and were allowed to return the next day with their full coven as long as they followed the rules, which they promised to do.

So Aro, Caius, and Marcus all sat on couches that formed a half circle and just thought.

Marcus was thinking about his sweet little mate, how even though she was scared and confused, she still subconsciously trusted him enough to let him hold her and console her even when she was scared. He thought about how her soft skin felt as he held her warm hands in his cold ones, he thought of how beautiful her green eyes were, and he thought of how he wondered what her smile looked like. Would she smile with her teeth? Would she have dimples? Would her lips stretch and become thin, or would they still be plump and pink? He wanted to know, he needed to know.

Aro sat on the middle couch, with Marcus on the left one and Caius on the right. Aro's mind was trying so hard to distract itself by counting every single particle his enhanced vision could see, he tried to recite every digit of pi, he went over anything and everything he could think about, but his mind just kept getting pulled back to the memories he saw of his precious mate. The horrific, saddening, heart wrenching, memories. He didn't know how she survived, or how she was still somewhat sane, but she was glad she was. However, he still wished that he could relieve her of the pain she felt and is still feeling, he wished she never had to go through any of that ever. His mind kept taking him back to every horrible memory, and sometimes even the good ones. He relished in the memories where Xerxies was happy and smiling, laughing with her white teeth that weren't perfect but still made his heart burst with adoration, and he swore that he almost melted when he remembered the memory of her smiling so widely that two little dimples showed up on her pretty little chubby cheeks and a red tint of blush took over her face after her ex-lover Thena told her she was pretty for the first time.

Caius...well he was having an internal conflict between his true feelings and his over a thousand year opinion of humans being below him and not being worth the effort to get to know them. His true feelings were telling him that already he was infatuated with the thicker built human, telling him that even if she were to rip him apart and burn him right now he would get on his knees and beg for forgiveness for whatever it was that he did wrong. However, his thousand year long opinion that had always made him sneer and find disgust within humans, because he was above them, he was a higher being and they should grovel at his feet and offer themselves to him as a meal. But now his feelings and his opinions were crossing, making him confused and emotionally distraught. He didn't know what to think and didn't know what to feel, he just wished that his mate could have been a vampire instead of human, or what exactly was she?

The question of what she was seemed to go through all three of their minds at one point or another. She was a human, but she was dead. She had blood in her veins, but she had died. Her heart beat, but at times it would slow down or stop. She was fragile and warm like a human, yet she died.

Crowley looked down at his precious human, well dead human, and he just sighed and looked up at the ceiling that had occupied her interest earlier. He let his own mind wander and plot, thinking of ways to get her to stay here in Italy with her three mates, because even though he hated following rules and orders, this was one destiny he couldn't change. Xerxies was destined to rule besides these three men, she would bring rise to new nations and the downfall to whole countries. She would bring life to new civilizations and death to thousands of people. She would bring life and death, she would be cruel yet merciful, she would love and hate. She was destined for great things, she would be praised like a goddess yet hated like the devil. And she would one day relish in the hate and find solstice in the love. But she would never fulfill this destiny if she left and returned to Forks, she would end up killing herself and next time he wasn't so sure she would come back to life like she had in the past. So instead he decided he would speak with the kings and her friends and family, make them see that they had to support her and live for her, or else the world would turn for the worse and unspeakable and unimaginable things would happen.