«Chapter 1 - Rare Skill? CHARM?»

---

For a solid 15 minutes, Kaname had been locked in a high-stake game of tag with a Large-class Orbio-type Huge named Rumpelstiltskin. Despite the intensity, neither of them showed any signs of slowing down.

In Rumpelstiltskin's case it was given since Huges like it are being controlled by an energy called "Magie." This energy was discovered by the researchers some years after the discovery of the extraterrestrial species "Huge" over half a decades ago, which is essential for their survival and what allowed the humanity in the world of Assault Lily to fight back against them by creating the Counter Huge ARMS, abbreviated as CHARMs.

Disrupting the supply of Magie on these towering creatures will make them break down or "deactivate" on the spot. Strangely, they cannot replenish their Magie by attacking their own kind or by eating a human.

On Kaname's side, she was surprised in her current body's capabilities that defies logic if she were to compare it in her former world. She weaved through the Huge's attacks with agility that seemed like a superhuman. The speed of the strikes blurred together, so fast that afterimages could be seen, but she navigated through them as if they were mere obstacles. It isn't surprising to say that her speed surpasses a bullet.

What truly surprised her is her strength that contrasts her body, being able to punch through steel with ease despite her small frame. She also has this unsettling thought that she can crush human skull without problem as well. These displays of strength left her baffled, the thought of a teenage girl having this kind of strength kind of lowered her pride as a man but she tossed that thought aside for now as her current situation demanded her full attention. One wrong move and it will spell her doom. She can't let it happen, after all she still needs to return to her former body.

"This sucks, I can't do anything to damage this fucker..." Kaname's internal thought reflected her frustration as she focused on the rampaging creature. She deftly evaded another attack, her movements calculated and swift. Her gaze locked on the Huge, based on her observation its bladed appendages seem to have a limit of 20 meters. The blades are sharp enough to cut through concrete walls without a resistance from the said structures. 'I can only wait for Lilies to arrive here,' she thought.

From what she has read any attacks from conventional weaponry, even something as extreme as nuclear strike, are ineffective due to the Magie barrier enveloping its form. So she has no choice but to buy time for the Lilies to reach her position, as she doesn't have any means to damage the Huge she was facing.

As the Huge extended another leg in her direction, Kaname sidestepped with practiced ease. 'I've got its attack pattern figured out,' she noted inwardly. In the span of those 15 minutes, she had closely observered and memorized the Huge's attacks sequences. Aside from its bladed legs, it can also fire off bullets made from Magie from its eyes, that isn't any less dangerous from those extendable appendages. It's faster and has more piercing power than its legs, which is annoying to her.

Suddenly, a thunderous noise erupted beneath the Huge, resonating through the surroundings and capturing Kaname's attention. In a startling turn of events, the monstrous entity was catapulted forward, abruptly positioned directly in front of her.

'Fuck!? I forgot they can do this!' Kaname's thoughts raced as the Huge's abrupt propulsion caught her off guard. In an instant, the distance between them vanished, leaving her facing the towering monstrosity. Her heart pounded in her chest, and instinct kicked in as she hastily assessed her options, seeking a way out from this unexpected turn of events.

Suddenly, an inexplicable sensation stirred within her, as if a hidden reservoir of knowledge had been tapped. Mysterious information surged through her mind, leaving Kaname both bewildered and strangely empowered. Just as the Huge's bladed legs seemed poised to slice her body in half, Kaname's form dissolved into thin air. The creature's lethal strike met only empty space, its blade crashing into the ground with a force that stirred up a cloud of dust, momentarily obscuring the scene.