Chapter 1

Louis sighs while lifting another box of cat litter into the backroom.
You have to understand, he likes his job.
But he dislikes the fact that there are so many cats.
You see he works at a cat café.
He makes £800 a week, cause the owners are some rich people and decided to treat their workers nicely.
So when he saw the advertisement, he may or may not just have looked at the hours and the amount of money he'd make.
Not looking at the job description was his own fault really.

So there he was, lifting the just-delivered cat litter into the backroom so that one of his colleagues could empty the litterboxes when the café closes.
"Lou, could you help at the bar? Pressly isn't feeling well and had to go home." Lia asks Louis.
"Of course babe, just let me put this one down then I'm done and I'll help." He says looking towards her.
She nods and walks away after blowing a kiss to him.
He shakes his head while laughing and puts the last box down.

He puts on the apron before making himself a coffee so that he won't fall asleep serving the customers.
While he did that he managed to eat a cookie and say hello to his boss.
His coffee was done so he placed it next to the paying device where he would have to stand for a few hours seeing it was only 10 in the morning.

He made a couple of orders when a beautiful curly-headed boy came to order something.
He put on a brave face and asked for his order.
"Hi, welcome to cats and coffee. What can I help you with?" Louis asks the boy.
"Hi, could I please have a large coffee with a bit of oat milk and an avocado toast with chili oil please?" he asks after looking at the menu for a minute.
"Sure, do you want it to go or would you like to stay here?"
"Here would be fine."
Louis nods while typing in the order.
"That will be £12.50 please." Louis says while already grabbing a glass for the coffee.
The boy paid for the meal and Louis gave him his receipt and got to work on making the meal while someone else took the orders.

The making of the coffee was easily done but he absolutely hated avocados, he didn't understand why people liked the tasteless and weird textured item. But he made it even if he didn't like it, after all he got paid a good amount to be here.

After he finished making the toast he grabbed the plate and the coffee and went to find the boy and give the food. He was sitting by the window looking out onto the busy streets of London with a light brown cat in his lap.
He set down the food and the coffee and after Harry thanked him he went back to doing his work.

About a half later the boy came to the counter with the plate and cup in one hand whilst holding the cat in the other.
He set down the items and asked.
"Is there a possibility that I could adopt this cat? I've been looking for a little housemate and he's taking a liking to me." he asked.
"I'll ask my manager. You can go sit back where you just sat. And I'll tell you the answers. What's your name?" Louis asks.
"Harry, my name is Harry Styles." Harry answers. 
"Are you a regular customer here?"
"Yeah Pressly is one of my best friends so I've come here as long as she has worked here."
Louis nods and says he's going to ask.

He knocks on the door and May says that he can enter.
"Hi, May. Harry a customer has asked if he can adopt one of the cats, he's come here for about two years. And he's a friend of Pressly." Louis says to her.
"I'll think about it. But send him in then I will have a talk with him to see if he's a good one."
"Sure, bye May." Louis says while waving.
May laughs and says "Bye Louis."

"Styles, you can go to May. You know the way?" Louis asks Harry.
"Yeah, thanks." Harry says.
Louis nods and goes back to work.

About a half hour later Harry exits May's office with an excited expression on his face.
"I take it went well then?" Louis asks with a small smile on his face.
Harry nods while smiling even more.
"Yeah, she said I could take the cat home with me 'cause I have cat stuff already in my house. So she said to just pay here and that the total was £80."
"Okay, you can go to the front I'll be there in a second." Louis said, he quickly finished making his coffee. His last cup was already finished. It didn't even last 20 minutes, he's so exhausted. And in need for caffeine.

"Okay, so have you already thought of a name?" Louis ask Harry while he was typing in the total and writing down which cat got adopted.
"I thought of Lee"
"That's a fitting name for him, here is the total. And I hope you will having a housemate now." Louis says while handing over the paying device.
"Thanks and I surely will don't worry." Harry says. He picks up the cat and says "so maybe until tomorrow, otherwise have a good day" and started to walk away
"You have a nice day too." Louis answers while going back to work again.

•••••••••

The following days Preslly is still sick so Louis has to once again work upfront 
He doesn't know which he likes better, the doesn't like standing for so long, but he does like the fact that he doesn't have to lift all the heavy stuff now.

So here he is again, it's 10 in the morning bright and early. Making his first coffee waiting for the first customer to walk through the doors.

"Hi Louis" Harry says happily walking through the door.
"Hi, Harry" Louis replies still half asleep.
"Didn't sleep well I see?" Harry says
"Don't get me started, went to sleep at 3 because someone in the apartment next to me thought it would be good to hold a house party on a Monday. As if nobody has to work the next day. And I had to get up at 8 because I had to shower and take the bus cause my fucking car broke and I had to get to a supermarket to buy something for my little sister.
But okay, what would you like to order."
"I would like a cherry tea without sugar and milk, and French toast please.
I'm sorry your morning was shitty, would it make your day better if I asked you out for this evening?" Harry asks Louis.
"Sure, I would love to. My shift ends at 2 today so I'm free around then." Louis says feeling excitement within him.

•••••••••

Now in the afternoon Louis is starting to get more nerves.
Cause who wouldn't a hot guy asked him out.
He wasn't really wearing the most stylish clothes, but it would have to do. Cause he didn't have the time to go home with the bus what would take half an hour. Instead of fifteen minutes with the car, but it decided to break and yeah here he was. Without a car in his work clothes.

He was done and went to the front of the store where Harry should be waiting for him. He would take him out to somewhere, Louis didn't know yet.

He saw Harry standing and he had to contain himself from smiling to much, he looked absolutely beautiful.
Harry had worn denim baggy jeans with a plain white shirt and a pastel yellow button down that wasn't buttoned.
He had a little box in his hands and was typing away on his phone.

Louis went up to him and said hey.
"Hi, Lou. How are you feeling?" Harry asks him.
"I'm feeling great now. You?"
"Amazing, I have this for you. It's a necklace. With a little mug hanger cause we met at the cafe and I asked for a coffee. And if I brought flowers they would be dead at the end of the date, so that wouldn't be nice." he says while smiling.
Harry was feeling so happy.

"Thank you so much." Louis says.
He picks up the necklace and looks at it closely. It was beautiful.

They took each other's hands and started walking.
"Excited?" Harry asked.
"Excited." Louis answered.

•••••••••
A/N:
So that was the first chapter.
Hope you liked it.