Chapter 4 - Pasta for two

I was sitting in my office when I tried to do some paperwork for the winery with no luck

I was sitting in my office when I tried to do some paperwork for the winery with no luck. I couldn't concentrate at all. I let out a sigh. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I couldn't stop thinking about those pink shorts and a white tank. It drove me crazy.

Finally, I decided that I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed my truck's keys off the wooden table. I needed coffee, so I made my way to Lexi's coffee shop. Her shop was just a few minutes from my winery and I got there within a few minutes.

***

I pushed the front door of the coffee shop open and was surprised to be met by a familiar face. The exact one I was trying to stop thinking about. Eloise was chatting with my sister at a table near the window. Eloise didn't seem to notice me yet. She was laughing at something that my sister said and suddenly I was very jealous that I never heard her beautiful laugh. Something stirred in me when I saw her laughing with my sister. Lexi kept mostly to herself but once she was out of her shell she could talk your head off. Lexi hasn't had a close friend in a long time since she went through a rough patch with one of her childhood best friends. I must be dehydrated or something because I've never thought about a woman as much as I have with Eloise. I didn't do relationships. Of course, I've had a few flings in the past but that was it.

I walked to their table. "Hey, sis." I greeted my sister, Lexi. She was a few years younger than me but that didn't stop her from opening her own coffee shop. Everyone in town came to Lexi's lavishing brew, it was a staple in the town. My whole family was proud of her when she turned her dreams into reality by opening her coffee shop.

"Wait, you guys are siblings?" Eloise gaped at my sister. It was kind of cute. My sister simply nodded.
Her eyes moved over us and she seemed to take in our similarities. We both were blessed with chocolate brown hair and hazel eyes. Lexi was my only sister. My three brothers and I were always protective of her since an old boyfriend broke her heart. Lexi was heartbroken when her boyfriend left her. For a while, she closed herself off from everyone. My family and I weren't sure if she'd ever be the same, he was her best friend after all. But now looking at her with Eloise I had hope that the old Lexi was back. The thought warmed my heart.

"Not going to greet our guest?" My sister quipped. Eloise's eyes narrowed at me, "We already know each other." Eloise said to my sister. I rolled my eyes. My sister raised her eyes, "Oh you do?" She gave me a sly smile. "Not like that," I grunted and narrowed my eyes at her. "She's staying with me for a while." I continued and crossed my arms over my chest. "Oh, that's even more interesting." She snickered as she smirked.

I quickly changed the topic. "I'm glad I caught you because I wanted to let you know that your car is at my brother's repair shop and will be fixed soon." Eloise gave a sigh of relief. "That's great, thank you for letting me know." She gave me a small smile and a bit of her hostility melted away.

"So did you find a job?" I asked Eloise as I scratched the back of my neck. "How did you-" She began but I cut her off. "My mom called me and said you might be looking for a job." Her brows knit in confusion. "Our mom knows everything that goes on in this town. Mrs Lottie loves to gossip" I grunted as I pointed to the antique shop across the street. Mrs Lottie has always been known as the town gossiper.