chapter 3👑

The bodyguard stood beside the prince, avoiding the constant stare he was receiving from him.

The prince had his lunch in his royal chamber, seated at a small dining table in one corner of his room. He shamelessly checked out his guard, staring at him with an open mouth, slightly drooling.

Taehyung started feeling self-conscious; was something wrong with his face that the prince was staring at him?

Taehyung was looking straight ahead, his eyes furrowed in concentration, but now he was distracted by the prince's shameless gaze.

"Ahem," the bodyguard cleared his throat, but Jungkook kept staring at him, letting his food go cold. Food could wait, but staring at the guard was important for the bunny prince.

Even after the throat clearing, Taehyung felt the prince's stare on him, forcing him to look the prince's way.

And when he did, oh lord, was the prince drooling. His lips were parted, lost in a dream as he looked at the guard.

"His Royal Highness, please have your food," the guard said in his deep voice. Oh god, Jungkook felt shivers down his spine.

Suddenly, a knock at the door disrupted the duo, especially Jungkook from staring at the handsome guard.

"Come in," the prince ordered.

"Wait, wait," the prince hurriedly ordered again, now in a panic.

"I can't let people see you being a whole meal," Jungkook muttered under his breath, thankfully the bodyguard didn't hear him .

The servant at the door halted his steps.

"Get this frown off your face, Hyungie," Jungkook said to his bodyguard while frowning himself.

Taehyung was taken aback, first because of the nickname the prince had given him, and secondly, his request or rather, his order, was odd.

Taehyung was thinking, unknowingly deepening the frown on his face.

"Oh no, no, no," the prince stood up from his seat and stood in front of the guard.

He placed his fingers on the bodyguard's forehead, stretching the skin between the eyebrows. "Yes, that's like my Hyungie," the prince grinned when the frown disappeared, his face inches away from the bodyguard's. There was a slight height difference.

Taehyung was frozen. He didn't know what was happening. Jungkook was behaving like they had known each other forever, not like they had met just a few hours ago.

The prince was happy now and again called the servant who came in to take the dishes but found the food untouched.

"I will heat it again," the servant said.

"Bring two sets," the prince ordered, to which the servant nodded and bowed.

Soon the food was served again.

Jungkook ordered all the servants to leave his chamber, leaving him alone with his guard.

"Let's eat, Hyungie," Jungkook said to Taehyung, whose breath hitched.

The guard stood there with his poker face and his frown.

"Hyungie, don't you want to eat with Koo?" Taehyung heard a soft voice, and when he saw, he wished he hadn't turned his head to see the prince.

The prince's eyes were moist, his cheeks turning red, his nose pink, lips caught between his bunny teeth, trying not to cry. God forbid, nobody shall find peace in the misery of another, but he could not deny, this was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.

When a tear escaped from the prince's doe eyes, Taehyung panicked.

"I... I will eat," he said.

"Then sit with Koo," the prince said while patting the seat beside him. When Taehyung didn't budge, he stood up and forcibly made the elder sit in the chair beside him.

Now Jungkook hopped towards his seat, looking like a bunny, his hair bouncing, and he looked so small in his oversized hoodie.

Taehyung sat with his back straight, maintaining formality.

"Hyungie, relax, you're not in the military," Jungkook said.

"Dig in," Jungkook prompted, taking a bite.

Taehyung didn't know what to do; he had no choice but to oblige the prince. He sighed before taking a bite, still with a straight back.

Suddenly, he felt the prince's stare again, and he stopped eating.

"Keep eating," the prince said with a smile.

"You will not eat?" Taehyung asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I am done eating," the prince said before staring deeply at the soul of the bodyguard.

Taehyung had no choice but to oblige the somewhat creepy prince.

When Taehyung took his last bite, he heard the prince's soft voice again, and he froze. It felt like someone knocked the air out of his lungs when those words left the soft lips of the prince.

"Found you... finally.