chapter 25 👑

Taehyung, Jimin, and Namjoon were sitting in the conference room, with Namjoon occupying the head chair like the king he is. Taehyung was breaking into cold sweats, as was Jimin, though he managed to put on a brave face in front of Namjoon for his best friend, who seemed cold on the outside but was a marshmallow within.

When Jimin requested an appointment with the Crown Prince, Namjoon initially thought it pertained to matters concerning the country. However, he later learned it was something personal and related to the third prince. Being a protective brother, Namjoon immediately allocated his time to the personal bodyguard of his younger brother and his own sibling.

All discussions in the conference room were recorded for transparency. Consequently, Jungkook sat in his chamber, watching the live telecast from the conference room on a large TV. He observed his boyfriend seated before his elder brother, wearing his trademark frown and a concentrated expression. However, Jungkook knew well the extent of his boyfriend's inner panic. He couldn't help but find his boyfriend attractive with that frown. Jungkook snapped himself back to reality. His heart raced, and he nervously tapped his leg in anticipation.

Taehyung had no idea their conversation was being recorded, and his beloved was watching. The nervousness had entirely consumed him, causing this fact to slip his mind.

"Mr. Kim, I request you to begin," Namjoon ordered the bodyguard.

Taehyung cleared his throat and stood up from his seat.

"Your Highness, I've come to express my sincere admiration for the third prince and to request the honor of marrying your esteemed brother, Jungkook.",he said in one go , to the point , not beating around the bush .

Namjoon frowned. He hadn't expected this in a million years. He took his time to respond, quickening the heartbeats of Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin.

"Marrying Jungkook? This request surprises me. You're not of royal lineage, Mr. Kim," Namjoon spoke expressionlessly.

Taehyung knew it was coming and was prepared. He bowed to the crown prince.

"Your Highness, I acknowledge that fact. Yet, my love for Jungkook transcends titles and lineage. He is my heart's true desire. I promise to keep him happy and provide him with the best in the world. I will fulfill his every desire without him needing to ask. I pledge to give him the luxury he was born in and for, ensuring not a single tear falls from the prince's eyes. I promise to care for the prince forever."

Namjoon remained silent, intensely observing the bowing man.

"Rise, Mr. Kim," he ordered.

Jungkook's heart swelled at the sincerity of his love. He was panicking—why was his brother being so tough on his boyfriend?

"May I ask, Mister Kim, is your love reciprocated?" Namjoon asked with a stern face.

Taehyung looked at Jimin, who nodded in agreement with his best friend.

"I request His Highness to pose this question to the third prince himself. I hope for a positive answer," Taehyung responded.

Namjoon nodded.

"Mr. Kim, I hope you are aware of the law that a royal is not supposed to marry a commoner," Namjoon spoke in a cold voice.

Taehyung was on the verge of breaking. He breathed heavily, lightly nodding his head.

"And Jungkook is a royal. Do you believe you can provide him with the comfort he is accustomed to?" Namjoon asked sternly.

"I promise Your Royal Highness, I will provide him with comforts no less than those fit for royals," Taehyung declared sincerely. After all, Taehyung was a millionaire with his father's established training academies. Moreover, his family had served royals for generations; he was exceedingly wealthy.

Namjoon lifted an eyebrow, scrutinizing the bodyguard.

Jungkook couldn't bear it, his love being a lamb  in front of the wolf ; he rushed to the conference room. He couldn't let his boyfriend face his strict brother alone.

"Mr. Kim Taehyung, if you and Jungkook marry, then Jungkook will have to renounce his title as prince. Are you aware of this? Do you understand?" Namjoon queried the younger man.

Taehyung's breath hitched; he had no idea. He couldn't be this selfish, unable to bear the thought that the prince would have to relinquish his royalty if he married Taehyung.

Taehyung remained silent, looking down, speechless.

"I believe then that this concludes our discussion," Namjoon said as he stood.