Shortfic: Meeting an old friend

It has been years since Dazai last seen his Oda. He felt guilty when he almost forgot what Odasaku looked like and used Kunikida as his replacement.

Not until Ango gave him the picture they took in the Lupin bar did he realize how similar Kunikida and Oda looked. It was a bit to uncanny. Relatives? Maybe but Oda never talked much about his family that it could be a possibility.

Dazai walked up to Odasaku's grave. He didn't put down any flowers cause he knew that they soon die out. Dazai wanted to show that his presence was enough. That's if Oda was looking down on him.

If Odasaku was still alive, Dazai would admit that he felt jealous that the orphan kids took most of the attention. Well maybe not admit it but he felt Odasaku can read him like an open book.

As Dazai was sitting over Odasaku's grave he could feel the warmth of being home. He wanted to sit there forever and never return back to his responsibilities. Call him selfish but he wouldn't care.

Of course that would mean leaving this dog (Chuuya) behind but he felt that Chuuya can go along without him. Dazai saw himself more as a burden than Mori's bloody face.

'I could just sit here all day. Its so warm and relaxing'

Dazai's vision got blurry and wetness rolled sown his cheeks. Dazai touched his cheeks.

"huh..? What is this?"

Dazai haven't felt more confused in his whole non human life. Was he finally getting weak to the point he'd start crying? No he didn't want to think about it.

--

Chuuya sighed from afar as he watched Dazai crying over Odasaku's grave. He was a bit startled that Dazai was crying cause he's never actually seen him not fake a cry. Chuuya didn't want to ruin the moment he would feel guilty if he did.