Chapter 16

HERALD, MY SAVIOR

Chapter Sixteen

Red's POV

"Would you like me to accompany you so you can enjoy it? This happens only once a year, and I guess this event is extra special." I looked at him as he was so serious with his words. I know he was trying to convince me, and so it created some hesitations inside my head.

But no. I must say no. If my classmates, schoolmates, and teachers see me and Herald together, they may form an opinion.

"Thank you for the offer, but I refuse to take it. Maybe some other time. " I guess it's really hard to say no.

I was about to walk away, but Herald held my hand. My eyes widened as I felt this strange electricity-like feeling again.

"Then I will just take you somewhere else." Then he winked at me.

"Then I will just take you somewhere else." It keeps echoing in my head.

"H-herald..." but he is not listening to me. He continued walking while dragging me until we reached his car. He carefully guided me as I forcefully occupied one of the front seats.

I kept on asking where we were going, but he was just throwing me his sweetest smile as an answer. Can I slap a teacher? Or pinch him at least. I can't believe he is showing this kind of behavior right now.

After a while, we reached a park. A band is performing on the mini stage not too far away.

"I brought you here because in this place, no one can identify who we are. I hope you can feel comfortable, even just a little. "

I sighed as I was trying to meet Herald's gaze. His eyes are really something. Somehow, every time I tried to look at it, I felt like I was drowning as I was brought into another world.

"Do not be too harsh on yourself, Red. Open your heart, as someone out there is trying so hard to enter your life. Happy Valentine's Day. " And as the band played a slow and romantic song, Herald held my hand once more.

I closed my eyes. If this is just a dream, please wake me up. I don't want to fall for a dream.

His other hand kept roaming over my body until it reached my waist. He carefully pulled me even closer to him. I was so close that I could now hear his heartbeat. Too close that I could smell his breath. I slowly opened my eyes as we were now slowly dancing to the tune of the music. I can't help myself but to form a smile on my lips. A smile, it seems, but still full of hesitations. I am afraid. I am afraid because I might finally submit to the fall.

He held me even tighter, and that made me lean on his well-toned chest.

"Am I just dreaming, Sir?" I whispered as I closed my eyes once more. We kept on swaying, yet it felt so calm.

"No, you are not." Then I heard him chuckle.

I might be clueless most of the time. I might be ignorant and an idiot sometimes, but I can still fall in love, right? Can I still be happy and become dependent on their so-called love?

After that magical dance, we sat on one of the benches for a while. Then Herald asked to take me out to dinner.

We were about to cross the street, but unfortunately, here I am, the human trouble-magnet again. One of my shoes got stuck in the street drainage, which is why I stopped in the not-so-middle of the street. I was almost hit by the car, but Herald saved me. Almost, yet he was there to save me again. My heart keeps on beating so loudly. Regardless of how mixed my emotions were, he was the one who got me out of trouble once more. And also another almost, an almost perfect day yet almost ruined by my clumsiness.

"I said don't be harsh on yourself, right?" A mind reader indeed. Herald said as if he noticed the disappointment in my eyes. I truly wanted a perfect day, but I think I ruined it just by now.

We entered the restaurant and, seriously, it looks like everyone who is having dinner here is a couple.

"Are you sure we will be eating here?" I suddenly felt awkward upon seeing everyone.

"Yes, why? You don't want it here? " he asked.

And so I just fake a smile before answering.

"No, it's fine. Don't mind what I asked. " Then we finally occupied a seat. If he likes it here, then I will just like it here as well.

We were both silent while we were eating.

A few moments later, we decided to go home. It is getting late and we still have classes for tomorrow.

Herald took the chance to drive me home. I remembered the last time it was Rhyme who I was with.

"Fifteen minutes before this day ends," he said, while still smiling at me.

"Herald, why are you always saving me?" But instead of saying something related to his statement, here I am asking an irrelevant question.

His face became serious as he turned away his gaze from me.

"I want to protect you at all cost," he seriously answered. And slowly, his gaze met my eyes again.

"W-what do you mean?" Enlighten me, please.

Instead of hearing a word from him, what I got was really unexpected. Herald planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you for this day, Red. I am really happy to spend it with you. Whenever you need someone who can help you or save you, I am always available for you. Herald, your forever savior. "

My brain might not be able to process everything, but my heart felt it all.

Heart's Day, I thought it was not so good, but I was totally wrong. For this day, I felt alive again. I felt inspired. I felt like I was floating in a sea of clouds. I just hope these butterflies I felt inside my tummy will be able to let me sleep, even just for a few minutes.

Herald, my forever savior.