D A N D E L I O N

D A N D E L I O N

V i n n i e

Silence took over the small space of the restroom. Draco cleared his throat and broke the contact of our eyes. He wander his head around the small restroom. I looked at him. His jawline is perfectly defined, his hands rested still in his pockets and his posture is perfect.

"Uhmm" I hummed, still not knowing what to say nor to do in the current situation.

The atmosphere was very awkward. We stayed silent for a while and I can see his face grow red. After a few more long minutes he grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. He reached out for my wrist and carefully pulled me out of the small restroom.

I scratched my nape and looked away from him. I felt his index finger reach out for my chin and slightly lift it up so I was looking at him. I blinked my eyes fastly and gulped. He's beautiful. He grabbed my cheek and placed a subtle kiss on the side of my lip and whispered "I'll see you later" rubbed his thumb on my lower lip then walked off. I looked at him and watched as his silhouette fade in a distance.

Then somebody grabbed my wrist on the opposite of where Draco walked to. I looked and saw Seamus "we're here, Vin." He smiled. I smiled back and looked once more to where draco walked to but he's nowhere in sight. I looked back at Seamus and nodded. We head back to the compartment and took out our stuff. Seamus and Dean insisted to carry my things again.

~

I headed to the south courtyard since that was the place I always head to whenever I feel the need for some comfort. I took out my sketch pad and flicked my pencil on the paper.

I felt someone sat beside me and when I looked up, I saw Draco. I'm still not certain if we're officially together now since we didn't have a proper conversation back at the train. But I'm sure that if we are together, we'd keep it a secret.

"Do you sketch a lot?" He ask, looking at me. He's wearing the same black suit he was wearing back at the train. I looked at him and nodded.

"You dropped this when we were at the astronomy tower," he handed me a sketchpad that I used to draw on. I was looking for it back when we arrived at Romania, I thought I lost it for good. I took it from his hands and thanked. "I sneaked a peak on it," he said, I looked at him, he wasn't looking at me. "I didn't know you were that in love with me"

I was confused for a bit but then I remembered the sketches inside that very book. There was lots of sketches of him there. I tend to not pay attention in class, especially in divination and look at random people and start sketching their face and for some reason my eyes would always land on him. I used the pad he handed me to hide half of my face.

It was still snowing. He stood up and I watched him. He crouched down the floor and picked up something from the ground. He handed it to me, it's a dandelion flock.

"The last one this season" he said, smiling at me. One hand in his pocket and one hand handing me the said plant. I took it form him, our finger brushing with each other made my body shiver. Since when had he got this much effect in me?

He sat back down beside me and I look at the dandelion flock he handed. I closed my eyes and made a wish and blew on it, the seeds flew through the air like a log going with the rivers flow.

The breeze was cold still, the air I'm exhaling still fogs up but ironically I felt warm inside. It was as if his presence creates a chimney that would warm me up and his existence is a blanket that does the same.

I wanted to make a first move on him but my body freezes and my limbs won't move.

My hands are rested on the bench we were sitting on and I felt his hands going on top of mine. I looked at him, he was already looking at me. His mouth curved into a smirk as he spoke "You seem cold"

"Yeah" I nodded then looked away. I couldn't keep eye contact even if I wanted to. I feel like melting.

He took my hands and intertwine my fingers with his. His cold metal rings hit my palm. But I didn't care, I hold his hands back.

"School's not until next Monday" I said. "Wanna go get butterbeer?"

He looked at me then nodded.

~

That very day we headed to the three broomsticks. It's almost empty. It's perfect.

Draco headed to the pub's counter while I find an open seat. Not long after he headed to the seat I found and sat the opposite of me. It was still cold and I wasn't wearing my gloves. I rubbed my hands together vigorously, trying to warm it up.

The butterbeers arrive and at the same time people started leaving the pub even when their plate were still full. Likely be a coincidence.

Draco grabbed my hands in between both of his and started blowing on it, it was warming up faster than it did when I was doing it myself. I watched him do it and whenever he'd look up at me, I'd look away.

I ask myself; was this really happening? Am I really dating Draco Malfoy?

But I disregarded those questions and just decided to make the moment the fullest. Today, it's just us, no one else. Just us, in each other's presence.